Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: One off with pics
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 10:23:16 pm »
£30 for first clean
£15 afterwards on a regular basis

That's pretty much about what I would do it for I think.

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 10:24:52 pm »
hi mate

i would say 20-30 min job frames and all £55.00 regular£20.00
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

petski2

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 10:26:17 pm »
I must be getting wrong end of the stick.
I assumed the upvc had been cleaned by hand with chemical and elbow grease then the glass wfpd.
in that case you would be looking at 3 hours to do a good job.
Obviously I am wrong as I seem to be a bit isolated lol ;D
He must have wfpd the lot then.
If not then you guys need to come ashore if you think that can be done in an hour by hand lol ::)

john tomkins

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 10:27:00 pm »
£25/30. hourish

S.A.J

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 10:35:16 pm »
Just to get a few things straight, we wfp all the front first to get most of the green off.

Then i got up a ladder (yes a ladder) and scrubbed all the frames where there was still green showing.

After that we re washed all the front tops. Fronts tops done!

Then my dad went round the back and cleaned it all with wfp, the back frames had no green on them at all so a straight forward job.

I was at the front with a washing up pad and toothbrush scrubbing all the frames. Be time i finish that dad came round and wfp all the bottom windows.

All that was done in 1 hour and we charged £40 for the job (could not be bothered to wait to the morning)

Picked up another one off clean down the road for £50

Stuart
SAJ Window Cleaners Ltd

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 10:35:32 pm »
I must be getting wrong end of the stick.
I assumed the upvc had been cleaned by hand with chemical and elbow grease then the glass wfpd.
in that case you would be looking at 3 hours to do a good job.
Obviously I am wrong as I seem to be a bit isolated lol ;D
He must have wfpd the lot then.
If not then you guys need to come ashore if you think that can be done in an hour by hand lol ::)

I reckon I could do frames and glass on a first clean in an hour by trad methods.  The one exception I would make is the rear window above the pitched roof.  I would do that with a swivloc applicator and squeegee on the end of a pole.  That means I would not be cleaning that frame.
I would sort out the thicker green gunge with an ordinary washing up pad to get the worst off (not to coarse as wouldn't want to scratch anything).  They make things a bit easier

S.A.J

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 10:37:55 pm »
As for a regular clean price i would have charged £10 and could do it in 10-15 mins.

brett walker

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 11:01:38 pm »
The job came up very nice i would charge 15 pound once a month

Brett

petski2

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 11:59:38 pm »
I got wrong end of stick.
I thought you had been asked to clean the upvc as a seperate job and then start cleaning their windows. ::)
Oh well ill get my coat lol ;D

EasyClean

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2007, 12:48:39 am »

To have cleaned the frames up like that as well as the glass we would have charged a minimum of £150.

Just out of curiosity, do you get many new 'Initial Clean' quotes accepted from your new customers or do you just watch the colour drain from their faces when you hit them with the price???

On a clean like in the photos posted I would ensure my water was hot so all the green comes off very easily and impresses the pants off the customer but would still charge one and a half times, preferably double the regular price if I can get away with it for the initial clean so as to cover myself should the job turn out to be a one off rip off!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

steve k

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2007, 01:05:11 am »
I would have said £40 first time and I clean a few exactly the same on a 4 weekly basis at £12 a clean.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2007, 09:59:48 am »
If Im right in thinking, they wanted a price for frames as well, Id have charged £60-£70 for first then £15.00+ as regular every 5 weeks.

Matt

Ian_Giles

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2007, 11:36:31 am »
For me that would also have been about £30 for an initial clean, but only on condition it was prior to it becoming a regular clean.
If it was quite literally for a one off clean I'd like to think I'd have the nerve to charge about £50....except, sigh, I know I'd end out only charging £30 :-\

A monthly clean would be the same as most the other guys who have replied, around the £12.00 mark.

My method for the one off clean would be entirely WFP, I did a clean similar to this the other day, bigger in fact and the conservatory was minging, covered in green algae and assorted detrius, entire job took 50 minutes, all done WFP and I charged £30 (was a customer that squeaky dropped some time ago).
Regular clean is going to be £18...so I guess if it was just a one off clean I'd have been underpriced on it...thought it was ok though as it is now a regular job.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

ronaldo

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2007, 12:40:30 pm »
House like that here if you asked for more than a tenner you,d get the front door slammed in your boat race  :-\
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

S.A.J

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2007, 12:49:14 pm »
House like that here if you asked for more than a tenner you,d get the front door slammed in your boat race  :-\

The lady that asked me to do the clean did not live there it was here mums house who died a few days ago :'( She was selling the house so wanted nice clean windows.

When i told her £40 she almost joined here mum up in the clouds, she said she was only expecting to pay a max of £10 cos that what she would have paid up in Colchester where see lives.

I politely reminded here she was not in Colchester take it or leave it!

Stuart
SAJ Window Cleaners Ltd

Pj

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2007, 07:43:39 pm »

I politely reminded here she was not in Colchester take it or leave it!

Stuart
SAJ Window Cleaners Ltd

Says a lot, really!

MNWC

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2007, 07:50:50 pm »
Its all very well you lot saying 15-20 quid but would you get the job !!

now dont laugh ive got a whole street of these ....its only a short street but ive got every one at 8 quid each theres 12 in total and i can do them all in just over 3 hours

96 quid on a friday morning

its not about charging high prices and only getting one or two scattered all over town its about charging the right price and concentrating your work in one place !

Paul Coleman

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2007, 12:25:33 am »
Its all very well you lot saying 15-20 quid but would you get the job !!

now dont laugh ive got a whole street of these ....its only a short street but ive got every one at 8 quid each theres 12 in total and i can do them all in just over 3 hours

96 quid on a friday morning

its not about charging high prices and only getting one or two scattered all over town its about charging the right price and concentrating your work in one place !

I would get 15 quid for that maybe 7 out of 10 times here in the southeast.  As you say, the work might be a little more scattered than charging less.
However, something I do note is that even in areas where I feel I may be undercharging, I don't have my work any more compact really.  I would rather charge a good price and have it a bit more scattered.  The total income is about the same for me.  Easier to get paid for driving than slogging my nuts off.