This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Made my first diy wfp today
« on: February 16, 2007, 09:44:00 pm »
When I was trad I bought a wicks trade extension pole for £10.00. It's fibreglass and alluminium. What a great pole to work with.

Now that im wfp I dont really have a use for and it's just gathering dust!

So off I went to tesco and bought a bently brush and together with some spare tubing and a y connector & a coulple of pencil jets I had lying in my toolbox, out came my complete wfp :)

You will see from the picture that there are 2 holes in the bruh. I drilled the wrong size :-[

Clear Vision

Re: Made my first diy wfp today
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 09:45:34 pm »
A couple more....

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 09:57:46 pm »
If it works and gets the results well done.
(one thing get the brush head bristles off the floor  ;))
I do believe that as more people change to wfp so the manufacturers will bring down the prices, with the general knowledge that it's not not rocket science to brush and rinse with pure water on glass.

Clear Vision

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 10:01:54 pm »
Thanks, & thanks for your concerns about the brush on the ground. Don't worry I will give it a good wash before I use it for reel.

I tried it on my own house tonight and was quite impressed with it. I'm used to working with a exel fibreglass 3x3 pole and a 18ft facelift. So it's very different to them.

Just another option and If I was to take someone on there is always an extra pole ;)

JohnL

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 10:11:47 pm »
Looks good Clear Vision

Just a tip for anyone,  I have put an extra water flow on/off switch between the T joint and where the hose goes into my 12 ft  pole. Even at height all you have to do is allow the pole to slide down in your hand by gravity then switch the water on or off - easy and quick and no fumbling around feeling for the main on/off switch!   :)
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Clear Vision

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 10:15:34 pm »
Thanks johnL,

Do you have a pic of what you are explaining?
Where can I get one from? I just usually unplug the pole hose from the van hose and stops the flow.

Matt

mike richardson

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 10:17:02 pm »
i saw these in B& q the other day but i wanted 1 between 18 & 20 ft a i liked the idea of the holes for extending the brush looks quick,  does any body know where you can get 1 about 18 ft?????????

JohnL

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 10:31:12 pm »
Matt - take a look at the Gardiners site, they sell them under Hose Fittings and Adaptors and they are listed as Pole Flow Control Valves. You can get similar in a good plumbers merchants.
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

JohnL

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 10:32:56 pm »
Ow, and will try and get a pic in a day or so - I'm away most the weekend but will try.

Clear Vision

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 10:34:25 pm »
Thanks johnL,

Do you have the link to gardiners?

JohnL

spotless2000

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 07:57:33 am »
So off I went to tesco and bought a bently brush

How much do Tesco charge for the Bentley brush?

Cheers

Steve

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 08:49:31 am »
Asda superstores charge £1.49

spotless2000

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 09:21:45 am »
Thanks for that.

I've been using this brush over the past 2 months (purchased from a WFP supplier) and it's great.  Very light - My muscles feel normal again!  It won't last as long as the the Vikan but at that price !!!

Steve

john tomkins

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 11:26:33 am »
Just picked one up from Asda £1.44, you can even remove the plastic thread from the stale and use that in any fishing pole set up.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 11:28:52 am »
Once you make your first there will be no stopping you. The Bently is flocked,  Try The Addis Monofilament from Co-op etc £2.99)

JohnL

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 04:00:27 pm »
Matt

Pic as requested of my flow valve as fitted to the top of my pole. This is extra to other flow controllers at different points of the hose system.

I find just letting the pole fall/slide down thro my hands and switching off is quicker than searching for controllers elsewhere. You will notice I have taken the hose out of the pole thats because as well as adding this control I tripled the length of the hose while doing the change and couldnt be arsed to feed it back thro although its simple enough to do. This pole I use for downstairs and some low upstairs windows.