This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

phoenix_w_c

TDS Reading HELP
« on: February 16, 2007, 09:26:06 pm »
Hi, I set up my RO and DI a fews weeks ago and have been getting a reading of 000.
Problem is i live in a town house and the system is plumbed into the 1st floor as there no pressure on the ground and no access to mains.

I had the idea to run a pipe down into the garage to my water storage. But now my readings are at 004 at the end of the pipe and 025 at the storage tap. The tank may be dirty which would explain the change but the pipe shouldnt be.

Sorry if thats not very clear, but any help would be good.

macmac

Re: TDS Reading HELP
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 09:52:59 pm »
the very first time i wfp'd a window with my brand new system & hoses the glass dried a milky-white. the frames were wood-stained, so i could only put it down to the inner surface of the new hose being coated in some sort of talcum powder type substance, like whats on new squeegee rubber.it never happend again after that very first flush.
hope this helps.

tony

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 07:57:20 am »
Water can't change its TDS it can only pick up impurity on the way.Back track systematically taking readings at each stage until you get a clearer picture of where it is coming from. Give the tank a flush out as well. You didn't say whether the tank was new.

phoenix_w_c

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 08:57:22 am »
Yeah the tank was new, Ive checked the tds after the Di and it 000, then it travels downstairs and into the tank were the reading are 004. Ive washed the tank out now. Whats the lowest you can go before it starts to leave marks?

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 08:45:20 am »
004 is OK. The tank probably had some release agent or whatever from when it was made. Once that goes it won't be a problem.

phoenix_w_c

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 02:15:57 pm »
Hi, i filled the tank and flushed it last night, my tds is now 000 from the tap on the tank.