This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Four story pole?
« on: February 16, 2007, 04:30:07 pm »
What length and best for four story work? Have a chance of a block of flats so could invest in a carbon set up but they would need to be able to work with less sections so I could sell on my 35 foot extender. Think the facelifts can do this?

david-maunder

Re: Four story pole?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 05:08:42 pm »
40 foot........... ;)

pylofm

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 05:22:56 pm »
Facelift c/f 44ft is fantastic....most of the time I just use the first 4 sections and when I need a little extra, just slide it on....Lots of money I know but worth every penny to me...I tried my 24ft Excel pole the other day....totally different....the weight difference was amazing...I think before my holidays I'll get the Exel pole out to pump the arms up a bit  ;D

I know there are other quality poles out there, I am just biased to Facelifts pole as that is the one I have..

Cheers
Dave.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 06:37:03 pm »
Just been on the site, what is the price of the 44ft ? I will only get a chance to see it at the cleaning show.

simon knight

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 06:53:01 pm »

I gotta say I admire you wfp guys. I'm trad and occassionally...very occassionally I use a 12' extention pole to get at some out of reach windows and invariably I make a complete horlicks out of it ;D How you guys can control a 40' pole is the 8th wonder of the world.

Is the pole fully extended at the start, then you raise it from the horizontal to the vertical or do you start with 10' then add another 10'... then another 10'... then another until it's at 40'?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 07:13:35 pm »
Featherlite Carbon Fibre, Raise from horizontal or assemble verticaly. Its as precise as a paint brush.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 07:41:14 pm »

I gotta say I admire you wfp guys. I'm trad and occassionally...very occassionally I use a 12' extention pole to get at some out of reach windows and invariably I make a complete horlicks out of it ;D How you guys can control a 40' pole is the 8th wonder of the world.

Is the pole fully extended at the start, then you raise it from the horizontal to the vertical or do you start with 10' then add another 10'... then another 10'... then another until it's at 40'?

Simon - wfp is much easier than an extension with squeegee on it - anyone who can do a good job with extension poles the trad way has my utmost respect.

It's a game of three halves!

Davew

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 08:48:29 pm »
Had my twenty four foot glassfibre out today and must say it's not the lightest thing in the world. Fine once it's vertical but a bit of a handfull stretching over conservatory roofs. Would a facelift or similar carbon pole be strong enough when horizontal or are they too brittle? (obviously not talking about 40' horizontal)