This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Count Phil

Modular pole carrier.
« on: February 15, 2007, 09:58:27 pm »
Hi, I'm after ideas about my fishing pole again....

I've been using it all week, and noticed that I feel fresh after every day like I haven't worked. I'm no quicker, no slower overal. But I'm slower moving and putting it up and stuff, making up by working much quicker with the superduper light weight.

What I'm after is a way off breaking it down and carrying it easier. I though that perhaps having a golf bag with a stand where I can quickly slot the sections into and out of... Has anyone tried this? Great pole though and I'm well pleased. Now using a tesco value broom head and it rocks, but may put my gaz swivel back on for versatility.

H h20

Re: Modular pole carrier.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 10:03:09 pm »
Yes,the golf bag works i use one,it has several sections to keep the pole sections seperate,it has a pop out stand that puts the bag on an angle so easy to work with when adding and removing sections,a bit like how the unger carbon pole bag works
Gaz

Count Phil

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 10:04:09 pm »
Genius. It works. Thanks. Do you use it on domestics too?

H h20

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 10:06:41 pm »
Genius. It works. Thanks. Do you use it on domestics too?

No,i have got a 25ft carbon brodex pole for most of my work,i don`t do that much domestic,
Gaz

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 10:23:37 pm »
You may find there is more room for the 42fter in the golf bag if you remove the vertical seperators from the top with a saw. Possibly all of them.  After using a bag on my trolley for 2 weeks  went back to using a more open system as on the golf trolley .  As a suggestion for vertical or horizontal holder on a trolley, something like a bucket and a 3ft gutter length with a Large C shape at the top to hold them in with a simple elastic hook. 
Or cut the bag open length ways ? Its handy if it can be made open as you can chuck the poles in and out quickly.
For first floor though I carry 2 assembled with the brush over my shoulder and another 2 or three in my hand.

Count Phil

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 05:03:47 pm »
Crumbs! Is that a flower pot?

Yeah, thinking about it an open golf bag is probably the thing. Today I was actually quicker than normal despite putting it together etc.

By the way, how come a £1.44 tesco value/asda smart price broom (price including the handle!) is as good as anything else? I got my first really bird pood house today and it takes it straight off. It doesn't apparently weigh anything at all. Best thing is, it fits straight onto a standard plastic gooseneck. I think everyone should try one just because its sooo cheap. Drill 2 holes and presto!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 06:20:10 pm »
Glad you like it, only took me 8 years to find it  :). I think it works because its mono, there is room between the sets of bristles to allow movement. It doesnt seem to wear. The bristles will "cut in" to the tops, corners and sides. I donty do frames so have no idea how it works on frames. The bristles have "give and splay"
Some may pick it up and say thatl never work, try it once and reckon its cheap. They would be right, its about as cheap as you can go.
For plastics I use the tesco or any flocked.
There is however a suttle difference between all the supermarket brands.
Just found a coservatory finial brush for £1

Count Phil

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 05:59:57 pm »
As for frames its the best as well, did a first clean and it takes green off like butter, even dark muck just wipes off. £1.44!!! I just can't get over the price. I've bought a few to exp[eriment with. You can buy ten for 15 quid and still have change!

PS. The bar code is on the brush head so you can leave the handle behind in the shop :)

john tomkins

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 06:49:14 pm »
How are you getting on with the pole itself, mainly the putting up/down, do you think the ends will stand up ok without cracks/chips, I will be following jeffs write up and trying one myself soon(ta jeff ;D) and lightweight brushes as I've only got the vikans and at 16oz approx way too heavy :-\

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 08:09:31 pm »
Go with the Reload and Zensorflex first. about 27ft £70 its strong and rough service.