This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jouk45

Re: Gaz swivel brush, HUH???
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 10:16:32 pm »

sorry i could not resist this gaz,  ;D

H h20

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 10:26:00 pm »
Thanks Jo,
i`ll try to sort out that video clip soon we spoke about,
Gaz  ;)

Ladders

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 10:43:18 pm »
i received my new gaz swivel brush yesterday, ABSOLUTE SH*TE the brush, i hate to say it 'cos i've spoken to gaz & he seems a genuine bloke, but this is the worst brush i have ever come accross. its a broom head!!! total & utter waste of time for wfp. flow through the brush is crap, the brisstles dont even contact the glass in the center of the brush, there's no flow through the middle or the edges either! All the components used are the cheapest of the cheap. i dont know if i'm missing something here as i've heard lots of good reports on these brushes on this very forum,  but it's so bad its actualy funny. i was stood there today p*ssing myself laughing at this brush, even more so after using it. I had big expectations of this brush but i'm sorry to say the brush is in the bin!!
Gaz- you should try double glazing sales ;D ;D ;D

on the up-side- the swivel part is the best invention for wfp of all time!! Gaz if i were you mate i'd patent it, what a cracking invention you have there!! that swivel with a rectangular vikan or facelift brush & you'd be a millionaire!

p.s. do you do a better (real/proper) brush for the swivel?

tony

Tony can you tell me what brush you use, and why you found a need to look for a different brush,was it  Price, style,for a partic job
, weight.

Would be interested to know as i have only used 2 typs of brushes myself.

Cheers Jeff
For every problem there is a solution

macmac

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 11:02:02 pm »
WOW what a debate.
first of all- no disrespect to gaz or anyone who uses his brushes (i know he does many different kinds). but take my points- these are in respect of the brush i received. as for the poster who suggested i was very childish, i am a proffesional window cleaner, i dont use or put up with sub-standard crap! i charge people good money & only use the best equipment.
1. the bristles were so soft they splayed leaving a great gap in the middle even with the lightest pressure.
2. the bristles were totaly non-uniform (a random array of bristle tips pointing in all directions) the left hand side of the brush protruded twice as far as the right side.
3. the water flow through the brush wasn't good, none in the middle & none at the edges, i.e pushing the brush up & down gave two seperate  lines of water spread, ok on big windows as you can over-lap but no good on smaller ones.
4. one jet squirted & one jet dripped, took pipe off, blew them etc. no difference.plus the pipe would very easily just pop off the sub-standard T-connector without even trying.
5. using it on windows i've been doing for 2+ years with no probs (sash-gorgian among others) didn't give good enough results & this was realy trying as i wanted the brush to work so much just for the swivel purposes.
6. after all the above you actualy want me to still use it when i can buy a proffessional one that works for me for the same money?? i dont care if its a broom or not, thats not the point, if it worked it wouldn't matter, if this brush was from a retailer i would have been on the phone giving them a proper earfull. :o :o

tony

macmac

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 11:10:40 pm »
Tony can you tell me what brush you use, and why you found a need to look for a different brush,was it  Price, style,for a partic job
, weight.

Cheers Jeff                       

i currently use a facelift & a vikan rectangular, i ordered the gaz brush simply because i read so many good reports about them on here. i thought they must be something special, different, but as you've gathered the one i got wasn't & never in a million years would have been for me. :P

tony

H h20

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 11:50:01 pm »
Tony,as i have already offerd a full refund is on it`s way to you i can`t be any fairer than that it`s up to you weather you accept it or not and weather you have binned the brush it does`nt matter,
Gaz

macmac

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 11:56:36 pm »
just to add to this
i'm not suggesting i've been ripped off here, the brush wasn't expensive.for the work gaz put into it, it was a fair price.i know that i employ a different technique for wfp than most people on here. maybe my expectations were too high but this brush is never going to do a perfect job for me & a perfect job is all i will settle for.

tony

H h20

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 11:59:38 pm »
just to add to this
i'm not suggesting i've been ripped off here, the brush wasn't expensive.for the work gaz put into it, it was a fair price.i know that i employ a different technique for wfp than most people on here. maybe my expectations were too high but this brush is never going to do a perfect job for me & a perfect job is all i will settle for.

tony

Then why be so rude then?,i don`t mind constructive critisisam it helps but your approach was out of order,
Gaz

macmac

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 12:08:44 am »
Tony,as i have already offerd a full refund is on it`s way to you i can`t be any fairer than that it`s up to you weather you accept it or not and weather you have binned the brush it does`nt matter,
Gaz

gaz
please dont send a refund mate, i'm not peaved or angry, this brush obviousley works for many people, just not me. i chose to buy it, you were good enough to make & send it. i actualy found it funny that so many people use & approve of it. i must be the odd one out here gaz, maybe i got a dud. :D

tony

Ladders

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 12:11:27 am »
, weight.

Cheers Jeff                       

i currently use a facelift & a vikan rectangular, i ordered the gaz brush simply because i read so many good reports about them on here. i thought they must be something special, different, but as you've gathered the one i got wasn't & never in a million years would have been for me. :P

tony

Are you saying you got complaints from this brush?

Jeff .
For every problem there is a solution

H h20

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 12:13:48 am »
Gaz

gaz
please dont send a refund mate, i'm not peaved or angry, this brush obviousley works for many people, just not me. i chose to buy it, you were good enough to make & send it. i actualy found it funny that so many people use & approve of it. i must be the odd one out here gaz, maybe i got a dud. :D

tony

OK Tony,like i said critisisam helps(the right approach though),the last batch of brushes have had bristle problems and i have told my supplier,as for the components fitted i will be fitting better,i will be looking to improve the brush as much as i can as i and many others think it`s such a useful tool,
Gaz

macmac

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 12:15:13 am »
i'm not beeing rude gaz, just honest, i know your not a big manufacturer or anything just a one man band. like i said, i've obviousley expected too much. but- if this brush had have come from a wfp retailer/supplier then you would have seen proper rude. :o

H h20

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2007, 12:17:29 am »
Tony you says you are not peaved,angry or being rude?
have you read your first post  :o
Gaz

JM123

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 12:31:15 am »
having supplied Vikan, Salmon, Tucker and used a few Ionics (dual trim - c, rap)  I can honestly say Gaz's brushes are the best by far, I change the nozzles and tubing as I fit fan sprays but other than that they are the best, macmac I can't see the problem with no contact in the middle as when you move the  brush the outer bristles come into contact with all the glass anyway.

what brushes have you been using?

seriously - you may have got a dude as far as the bristles are concerned but 99% of CIU can't be wrong
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

macmac

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 12:51:10 am »
having supplied Vikan, Salmon, Tucker and used a few Ionics (dual trim - c, rap)  I can honestly say Gaz's brushes are the best by far, I change the nozzles and tubing as I fit fan sprays but other than that they are the best, macmac I can't see the problem with no contact in the middle as when you move the  brush the outer bristles come into contact with all the glass anyway.

what brushes have you been using?

seriously - you may have got a dude as far as the bristles are concerned but 99% of CIU can't be wrong

so you can see why i was so supprised/bewildered to use this brush & find it so bad. no contact in the middle may not be so bad if that was the only problem but added to the rest there's no point, i have better brushes to start with. i'm not going to skirt round problems with a brush when there's no point. i'm only beeing honest here jm, i can only assume that i've got a dud. ???

tony

JM123

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 12:57:39 am »
you must have because I use Gaz's brushes and to be honest I love them, very light, bristles are just the right density, much better than Vikan, way better than Ionics and just as good as Tucker.

Ballymena N.I

H h20

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 10:57:14 am »
So the conclusuion to this is that there has been 1 dud  speaks for its self really,and as to all the positive replies thanks guys,
Gaz

AuRavelling79

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2007, 11:15:06 am »
Now that's settled - Gaz tell me about the swivel thing - what it does and how I would benefit from it.

Piccy if poss? How much?

Thanks.
It's a game of three halves!

H h20

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2007, 11:42:37 am »
Now that's settled - Gaz tell me about the swivel thing - what it does and how I would benefit from it.

Piccy if poss? How much?

Thanks.

Hi Malc,the swivel is available in 2 choices the 1st is a swivel brush that has a swivel neck fitted to it as part of the brush the 2nd is a removable adapter that can be added to any brush and removable,the benefits are that the brush has now a swivel/pivot action left and right so you can push the brush onto the window straight while reaching over conservatorys, side extensions or cars in the way etc,
Gaz

JM123

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2007, 11:45:56 am »
Hi Malc, imagine if cars had no steering wheels, you can only go back and forward, its pretty boring, kinda like a train - now someone (GAZ) comes along and invents the steering wheel, WOW the possibilities are endless!  You can go round 'corners' and pull handbrake turns and show off!!  Yeah, the swivel is pretty good stuff, go for the fixed one, I'm not overly fussed on the adapter - although it is freeing up as time passes.

Ballymena N.I