Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sarah Sarill

Re: What's your face to face sales technique like?
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2007, 05:52:54 pm »
Come on then - lets here your w/c sandwich Tosh  ;)

Sarah

Tosh

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2007, 06:00:53 pm »
We'll clean your windows and won't rob you, but it'll cost you a tenner, but your windows will be clean and you won't get robbed, as long as you cough up quickly.

Howzat?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2007, 06:06:46 pm »
A really dirty clean should take you no more than 30% longer unless you're crap at window cleaning.

Hence 50% more is a good earner.

Squeaky.  You're going to love hearing this  :)  .  30% longer is probably about right for most first cleans done the traditional way.  However, I find that it can be closer to double the time when done with WFP (this assumes going around the job twice which I feel is the proper way - for me).  It's not always like that of course but it can be.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2007, 06:15:03 pm »
Tosh I don't work every hour of every day, and don't forget travelling between jobs.

Squeaks,

I worked out your income on a SIX HOUR working day; not including travelling time.

Just say you work an average of 8 hours per day, but only clean windows for six of them; giving you two hours for traveling/setting up time.

And then I only calculated it on a four day working week!

Remember, mate; there's 24 hours in any given day and I've not said anything about 'working every hour of every day'; only a reasonable amount of them.

Get with the programme, Squeaks.

So what programme is this that you're going on about.
The twelve rungs of WCA? (Window Cleaners Anonymous).

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2007, 06:16:23 pm »
Hadn't thought of that.
Wfp first cleans are a nightmare.

But then that's the w/c's fault, not the customers.
You're making them pay extra because your equipment is not as good. :-\

I'm not having a go, just thought it was a fair point. :)

Tosh

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2007, 06:24:59 pm »

They can be, but that's why I generally use ladders for them.

But yes, I've washed windows with WFP, then used a ladder to get the crud off that the pole didn't take off (not using soap).  The crud was stuff like sillicone or concrete; builders stuff.

The subsequent clean is a dream though; quicker than using ladders.

You only get out what you put in.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2007, 06:58:35 pm »
The subsequent clean is a dream though; quicker than using ladders.
Well, depends who you are, but that's a different topic. ;)

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2007, 07:12:55 pm »
or, cost yes i'm expensive, but benifit, windows I have cleaned stay cleaner longer because I use pure water and their is no soap stickyness to attract the dirt.Most of my work is moving to bimonthly because of this- In fact I do that good a job it cost's me business. Then benefit about frames and sills etc.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2007, 07:27:59 pm »
One off cleans:

Unless they're next door to a job you're actually doing, they're a pain in the b*m.

Someone phones up: "Hello, I need someone to clean my windows, I live in a rented house and I've got to vacate by next (Mon.Tue etc) and I need the windows  cleaning because I'll lose my deposit if the house isn't clean".

Now: They want quick service, you have to go and price it up, you have to make a special visit to do the job, you don't know until you start how bad it's going to be.

What are you, masochists?

It's going to cost you time before you even know if you're going to get the job, and there's no future value (repeat work).

Why should you subsidise these people?  If they wanted their windows cleaned, why didn't they have it done during the (weeks/months/years) they lived there?

If you've already got a good lucrative business you don't need the hassle of "one offs".

So: Someone phones up: "I want a one off"

I answer: " My price starts at £50"

Occasionally I get one who says; "That's OK"

Otherwise it simply isn't worth my while.

Cheers,

Ian

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2007, 07:43:03 pm »
Two things. one i thought watisface was going to amaze us with his mystery job. And two they locked that i can't believe it post down fast. I couldn't understand it's purpose. Was it a joke?
Sorry for interupting topic, carry on.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2007, 07:44:27 pm »
We'll clean your windows and won't rob you, but it'll cost you a tenner, but your windows will be clean and you won't get robbed, as long as you cough up quickly.

Howzat?

Awful   :)
The brain doesn't compute negatives very well.
We will give you an excellent, quality job.  It will cost you ten pounds.  In order to keepo such reasonable prices, prompt payment is required. (or we send the boys round)   :)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2007, 07:54:06 pm »
Hadn't thought of that.

But then that's the w/c's fault, not the customers.
You're making them pay extra because your equipment is not as good. :-\

I'm not having a go, just thought it was a fair point. :)

:)  .  WFP first cleans can take nearly twice as long.  However, if the customer is wanting a regular service I tend to charge at 50% higher than maintenance cleans.  In short, I share the extra cost of the first clean with the customer in exchange for their regular custom.  If they are unwilling to pay the extra cost of the first clean, I will only go around the job the once but I do tell them that the dirt from the top frames may cause some marking (I don't say "spots" any more  :)  )  that won't be resolved until the next visit.  I also explain why this is.  I think that's pretty fair really.  However, if someone states that they only want a one off clean, then I think it's fair to charge double - perhaps even a bit more if they are minging.  It's a fair reflection of the extra time and effort needed when doing such a clean with WFP.

Mind you Squeaky, when I cleaned trad, if they wanted a regular service, I often didn't charge any extra unless the windows were in a really bad way.