Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Jigging a pole up and down crap!
« on: February 15, 2007, 03:33:09 pm »
Picked up a new customer yesterday and tried knocking next door. Asked if he would be interested in a regular cleaner and to my supprise he jumped at the chance, worked out a price on a five week cycle, told him I could do it tomorrow then gave him a flier. Soon as he realised it was wfp he was having none of it. "seen a kiddie doing the house opposite - all he does is jigg a bloody pole up and down - thats not window cleaning! he should be up a ladder in front of the glass!" I explained the h&s side of the system to no avail. Oh well plenty more out there.

RO-Sheen

Re: Jigging a pole up and down crap!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 04:16:42 pm »
Maybe he will notice how clean your next door neighbours windows and frames are he will realise how clean they get when you 'Jiggy' a pole up and down.
I suggest you clean your customers front door as well to demonstrate what a thorough job you do! ;D
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Ladders

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 04:40:58 pm »
Why dont you offer to do a demonstration clean on one of his windows next time your round there. :)

Jeff
For every problem there is a solution

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 06:15:35 pm »
I once picked up several houses in an area where one of the blokes (an ex copper) was like the 'street leader'.

I knew if I didn't get him on board I probably wouldn't keep the rest of the elderly customers.

Anyway, this ex-copper was extremly anti-WFP; he even walked off when he came over to ask for a quote and saw my pole.

I offered to clean two windows for him as a demonstation; free; and if he liked the results he could take me on.

He obviously liked the job as he's been a brilliant customer ever since, and this street works out at nearly 40 quid an hour for Wor Lass and I.

PS.

This was quite a funny one for me, since when this ex-copper phoned me, he said the street where he lived hadn't seen their window cleaner for months and was after a window cleaner who didn't use 'the pole'.

I gave him Squeaky's telephone number and then went and canvassed the rest of the street, picking up eight customers in one fell swoop.

I told Squeaks, who called me a 'bugger' or something, so refused to go and do this one blokes account.

I'm a proper poop! ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 06:18:51 pm »
This was quite a funny one for me, since when this ex-copper phoned me, he said the street where he lived hadn't seen their window cleaner for months and was after a window cleaner who didn't use 'the pole'.

I gave him Squeaky's telephone number and then went and canvassed the rest of the street, picking up eight customers in one fell swoop.

I told Squeaks, who called me a 'bugger' or something, so refused to go and do this one blokes account.

I'm a proper nuts! ;D
Deservedly so. ::)
Although if I had gone and done one trad you would have ended up losing the lot. ;)

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 06:29:53 pm »
Although if I had gone and done one trad you would have ended up losing the lot. ;)

Ah, come on; you can see the funny side.

I'm also not sure we would've lost the lot, since the woman over the road was so pleased with the job we did; including the windows above her conservatory; that she phoned Ray (the ex copper) and told him what a fantastic job we did, while we were actualy cleaning his house.

I swear on my dog's life that's true.

They love us! 

We always clean first cleans to a 'mega' standard, then let our standard slip once we've got them on board.

It's worked so far and makes good business sense!

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 07:55:15 pm »

I'm a proper nuts! ;D

How do you sleep at night Tosh?  You must be SOOOOOOOOOOOO worried  ;D

Davew

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 08:13:39 pm »
Yeh did a good job of his neighbour even cleaned the sills downstairs with upvc cleaner and hopefully did a first class job... can't wait if he asks me to do his.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 08:34:11 pm »
How do you sleep at night Tosh?  You must be SOOOOOOOOOOOO worried  ;D
Why's that funny Macc?
Do you seriously think I can't do a better job than a wet brush from ground level? ::)

I didn't want the jobs anyway.
They're in a council area I don't touch.

I leave places like that to the "council house king"!

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 09:02:42 pm »

Why's that funny Macc?

It made me laugh when you said he would loose the lot, your like an old married couple  :-*

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 11:56:28 pm »

Why's that funny Macc?

It made me laugh when you said he would loose the lot, your like an old married couple  :-*

I think they should be a stage act myself.  Laurel and Hardy, Morecambe and Wise, Abbott and Costello, Saint and Greavesie, Tosh and Squeaks   :)

Davew

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 06:14:38 pm »
Picked up a new customer yesterday and tried knocking next door. Asked if he would be interested in a regular cleaner and to my supprise he jumped at the chance, worked out a price on a five week cycle, told him I could do it tomorrow then gave him a flier. Soon as he realised it was wfp he was having none of it. "seen a kiddie doing the house opposite - all he does is jigg a bloody pole up and down - thats not window cleaning! he should be up a ladder in front of the glass!" I explained the h&s side of the system to no avail. Oh well plenty more out there.

Cleaned his neighbours for the third time today and the ar**hole comes up to me and asks if I'm busy - yep flat out I said got nine more to do after this one! Oh could you do mine next? he said. It's not proper window cleaning I'm afraid  and I really don't have time sorry.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 07:36:26 pm »
Well jigger me, Wow, just deserts, fantastic feedback, well done.

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 08:25:13 pm »
Like it  ;D.

Do you think hes related to Squeaky & seen the light  :o.

Macc

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 08:44:10 pm »
That's the good thing about WFP...........It get's rid of all the "Victor Meldrews" and the old stick in the mud die hards who, of course, know far far more about our job than we do........................ ::) ::)

Pleased to see the back of em ;D ;D.

Dave, I bet you absolutely loved the oppertunity to give him a bit of his own medecine ;D ;D ;D ;D

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 09:50:30 pm »
My neigbour who I do't really know but is a lovelly bloke rang the door on his way past tonight. The way I do his windows will be fine in the winter because they don't really look out of them then, but I leave all streaks runs and spots because in the summer they dry so fast. His wife commented on it after seeing some spots on the kitchen window.

I explained again and said that it should be perfect and any faults would be my error. You told me before, he said, it's just that because it dries so fact it leaves streaks and runs... Don't get wrong carry on, I don't want to do them, I just thought I'd mention it because of the wife.