This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Peter.

Sad day
« on: February 14, 2007, 09:14:06 pm »
Sad Day

I have only recently become a window cleaner, going out over the last few weeks canvassing in this constant bad weather and slowing gaining a days work.
I have spent out on ladders, roof rack, wfp system and today being a lovely sunny day I went out to clean my new customers windows.
I only got to clean one, I decided to put a leaflet through next doors letter box, and as I did a dog savaged my hand and I ended up in hospital, he had bitten right through my fingers, the pain was bad and there was blood every where, when they washed the hand at hospital I almost passed out.
Now with my fingers bandage I have been told I will not be able to work for at least two weeks and I will need my dressings changed every other day.  I am on antibiotics in case of infection.

I own a dog myself and love him to bits and would never allow him to harm anyone and if he did I would be so apologetic and try to help the person.

However in my case, the owner didn’t even say sorry. She simple said you should not have posted your leaflet and shut the door.

What if a child posted a church flier at this address, a small Childs hand would have no chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter.

AuRavelling79

Re: Sad day
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 09:27:58 pm »
Sorry to hear about your hand Peter. Is it true that if someone were to feed a dog a bar of chocolate that would seriously injure it? Just asking - don't go getting any ideas.
It's a game of three halves!

Mike_G

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 09:30:32 pm »
My dog loves chocolate.

brightnclean

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 09:34:14 pm »
If there was no warning sign in a prominent place..  SUE HER!!!

I would without a 2nd thought. The sane thing happened to a friend who was posting one of those charity bags that you get through the door. He ended up losing the use of 3 fingers on his hand. Get this reported to the police ASAP.  This dog is dangerous.  I have a cat BTW..  viscious she is as well  :)

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 09:34:34 pm »
sorry to hear about your hand.

why not just tape leaflets to the doors for now on?
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 09:36:14 pm »
Speedy recovery fella

scrimit2

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 09:38:52 pm »
Sorry to hear about your hand! I was bitten once (by a dog) being walked by its owner it dragged its owner along and it bit me, the owner pulled it away, and said "its because you was scared" I replied I that I wasnt, like you Im a dog lover, so I never reported it,

why not make the most of the bad situation, now and do some more canvassing, to fill your time, if you are fit enough. good luck

TVCS

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 09:39:23 pm »
Put in a complaint about the dog.  Then sue her.
Another dog related item.  Some son of a lady dog has poisoned one of my greyhounds.  Noticed a load of what looks like oil down the one side of my motor and some on the top of me garden wall.  Same day my dog cant walk and can hardly move.  £200 later at the vets and the old bugger is on his feet again.  Some people need running over.  Now theres an idea
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Peter.

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 09:47:48 pm »

I did ring the police, they didn't want to know.

Peter.

TVCS

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 09:51:30 pm »
ring them again.  There is such a thing as the dangerous dogs act I beleive.  Its like you said if it had been  kid god knows what might have happened.
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 10:05:43 pm »
Legally- maybe there should have been a wire basket on the back of the door.

I had similar with a tiny 6" Yorkie, he waited and timed it right an jumped and got 3 of my fingers and held on, wouldnt let go. Me on one side of the door screaming banging and screaming and IT on the other side hanging on like Muttley  ??? %@~&*

Ladders

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 10:19:11 pm »
Peter

Glad to see it was not your typing hand, at least you will be able to keep in touch on here for a couple of weeks.

Look forward to your postings over the next few weeks. :o

Cheers Jeff
For every problem there is a solution

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 10:55:13 pm »
Gutted mate, unlucky.

Nothing a high powered air rifle wouldn't fix though.
2 pellets, one for the owner, one for dumb animal.

EasyClean

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 10:58:32 pm »
Hi Peter, sorry to hear you have been bitten by a dog. Go down the Police station and ask for them to take a written statement, they can't refuse you, it's your right. Then go and see a solicitor (no win, no fee) and ask them to take up your case for suing the owner of the dog if they didn't have any dog warning signs. What have you got to lose apart from a couple hours of your time. Do it out of principle so the owner ends up out of pocket!!!  Too many dog owners are irresponsible. The owner could simply have fitted an outside letter box or an internal letter box guard. I reckon you've got a very good chance of compensation. It's a very sad state of affairs when humans treat animals better than other human beings!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 11:07:14 pm »
  >:(

EasyClean

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 11:11:53 pm »
Nice idea 'Squeaky'!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Ladders

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 11:22:30 pm »
Squeeks

Cool gun, looks good for rat,s  ;D

Jeff
For every problem there is a solution

williamx

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 11:28:19 pm »
Gutted mate, unlucky.

Nothing a high powered air rifle wouldn't fix though.
2 pellets, one for the owner, one for dumb animal.

Looks like the owner got 2 pellets coming then ;D

G & M

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 12:29:26 am »
Tough break Peter, hope all mends well and you soon can get back working. Michael

paulstevens

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 12:45:57 am »
hi mate sorry to hear about the hand. if there was no signs go back to the house tomorrow with a digital camera and take photosgraphs of the front of the house but make sure it has the date showing on the picture itself. because as soon as she gets a letter of intended sueing there will be signs up quicker than you can say "bobs your uncle"

it happened to my nan she took a parcel in for next door went round to give it to them when they opened the door dog ran out and bit her ankle she had her leg in plaster for 6 weeks. so i took pics the same day and as soon as they got the claim letter against there dog 2 beware of the dog signs appeared overnight. anyway it went to court they tried fobbing it off until i handed over the pictures you should have seen their faces what a sight still she got £3800 not bad for a dog bite.
 i didn't feel a thing HA HA
take it easy
Paul