Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

www.mrgutters.co.uk

two batteries???
« on: February 14, 2007, 06:57:28 pm »
hi all

i have a bit of a problem i have two pumps in the van one is a booster pump for the ro and the other is a pole pump...

problem how do i charge these up at the same time as i cant run both off the one battery as the power drops when both pumps are on and they slow down drastically.

can anyone roughly give me an idea as to wire this up?

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

russ_clark

Re: two batteries???
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 07:20:10 pm »
use your van battery and get a split charge relay fitted by an auto electrician to a second (leisure) battery in the back of the van. Every time you start the van and its running it charges up the leisure battery -works a treat for me and I use two pumps (both for poles)
Russ

sair

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 07:58:27 pm »
i sell split charge system on line essentiallypure.co.uk  comes with fitting instruction
Essentially Pure Ltd

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 09:04:45 pm »
i have a split relay but it was wired up working ,,, but the main current flow from the alternator melted the fuse and its holder???

any ideas why?

shawn

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 09:41:42 pm »
i dont see a relay switch on your webpage
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 09:57:21 pm »
its under eco flow section

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 10:22:49 pm »
i have a split relay but it was wired up working ,,, but the main current flow from the alternator melted the fuse and its holder???

any ideas why?

shawn
Your fuse should have blown well before anything like this happened, in your case it sounds like a to higher rated fuse,was fitted? What size fuse was fitted. If your battery was faulty then the current demanded by it could have also caused the fault, but as I said the fuse should have blown, if you have just one pump drawing say 7.5 amp then a 10 amp fuse would be the right size to use.

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 10:53:20 pm »
how are these installed?
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

JM123

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 11:31:55 pm »
sair, if you don't mind me asking - why are your split relay chargers so expensive?  I'm not trying tobe smart I would just like to know why.

Also where's this eco-flow controller you promised me a while back?? ;)
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 11:38:32 pm »
how are these installed?
There are many different models with different amounts of cables, you would just have to buy one, and either follow the instructions supplied, or ask the guy's on here how to fit it. if you do it this way, photo's and a scan of your instructions is always a help.

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 08:16:02 am »
i was using a 30 amp fuse?

shawn

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 05:55:21 pm »
hi guys once again ,,

what bateries do you all use as i have 95amph heavy duty van battery ,but i was wondering wether a leisure battery is better . the one i am using is new only 1 month old and cost me £100.

but its not holding charge not sure wether i have damaged it using it for wfp

any ideas also any pics of you charging circuits or power setups will be helpful .

shawn

sair

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 06:38:36 pm »
JM23 email me your address via e amil and ill send you one over and give you a price for 10 of at a time if you like

there  will be a new released eco flow in a month or so

the split charge is that  price as it comes with a pritty digital display so you can moniter the condistion of your batterey and also there is a light which comes on to tell you that the relay switch is working and a charge is being send to the lesuire batterey.

purewatersales@tiscali.co.uk
Essentially Pure Ltd

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 06:57:49 pm »
hi tony

do you guys use two batteries or one to run you the pole pump and the booster pump.

also how good are those 150 psi pumps and whats the amp draw on them

shawn

jeff1

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 07:19:25 pm »
hi guys once again ,,

what bateries do you all use as i have 95amph heavy duty van battery ,but i was wondering wether a leisure battery is better . the one i am using is new only 1 month old and cost me £100.

but its not holding charge not sure wether i have damaged it using it for wfp

any ideas also any pics of you charging circuits or power setups will be helpful .

shawn
Car/van batteries are not  Recommended for constant deep cycling and can be damaged by doing this? use the leisure battery for constant deep cycle use.

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 08:57:23 pm »
also the split relay just melted WHATS GOING ON????

any ideas guys ...

shawn

jeff1

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 09:22:53 pm »
also the split relay just melted WHATS GOING ON????

any ideas guys ...

shawn
Do you still have that 30 amp fuse in it??
some thing? may even be a faulty battery, drawing to much current, you could have also damaged the relay when your fuse originally melted.
As the fault lies within the fuse and relay area, then you can probably rule out a faulty alternator, other wise you would be having the same problems in your vans electrics.

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 10:21:24 pm »
hi jef

van electrica are fine ...the volton combi relay i am using is a relay which auto switches on the charge on the batteries only when the van has started so as not to draw current back all the charging seems to be working fine ie the different voltages and switching is working.

its just the relay melted.

its wired cos when iused a thinner wire the wire got hit and fuse melted then put a thicker wire in and the relaydecided to melt.

i know its simple for me to buy another relay like the one tony showed but the thing is whats stopping that one from doing the same.

i went to a auto electrician and he want 200 to wire up the lot thats wit my own battery and relay?

so thats a no no

sshawn

jeff1

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 10:42:25 pm »
hi jef

van electrica are fine ...the volton combi relay i am using is a relay which auto switches on the charge on the batteries only when the van has started so as not to draw current back all the charging seems to be working fine ie the different voltages and switching is working.

its just the relay melted.

its wired cos when iused a thinner wire the wire got hit and fuse melted then put a thicker wire in and the relaydecided to melt.

i know its simple for me to buy another relay like the one tony showed but the thing is whats stopping that one from doing the same.

i went to a auto electrician and he want 200 to wire up the lot thats wit my own battery and relay?

so thats a no no

sshawn
Shawn as I said if your van electrics are fine, then some thing is pulling to much current through the wire, and by adding a thicker wire is just like adding a larger fuse, some thing is going to burn or catch fire, reading what your saying I would suspect you have a faulty battery, take your battery and get it tested, should only cost a couple of quid and some places do it free. or if you have a good spare put this on and see if every thing runs fine but keep a very close eye on it.
I strongly recommend you get it all tested.
£200 is way over the top, I'm sure the guy's on here don't pay any thing near that price.

Tips: if you suspect an electrical fault, do not increase cable or fuse sizes, this can lead to fires.

Does the wire between the battery and the relay get hot?(your working battery not your van battery) if yes then this is a sure sign of a faulty battery drawing to much current. if the answer is no, then the fault lies in the relay it self.

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 11:05:42 pm »
yes it is getting hot , the battery is only a few weeks old  though and cost me £100 and i dont have the reciept anymore?

shawn