Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Biscute

Collecting
« on: February 13, 2007, 04:49:11 pm »
I am starting to use direct debits to cut down on going collecting, someone mentiond letting them pay by check if they aint in. How exsaclty do you do this? if anyone uses this method please let me know.
thanx bicy
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Tosh

Re: Collecting
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 04:50:50 pm »
Biccy,

I doubt you're using Direct Debits; are you confusing this with Standing Orders?

There's a big difference and I have a small handfull of customers who pay by Standing Order.

Cheques is easy to sort out though.

craig jwc

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 04:53:24 pm »
I'm trying to get my customers pay by Standing Order.

At the moment most of them post a Cheque to me if they aren't in or haven't the cash on them.

Haven't collected for almost over a year now. The only down side i think is your debt list will grow a bit for outstanding payments.

Last time i looked i was owed just over £1000. It will come in but this way i think it takes a bit longer.

Craig

Biscute

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 04:54:02 pm »
Cheers tosh if you could give me info on both the standing orders and cheques i would be most gratefull.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 04:54:36 pm »
I dont really have customers sending me cheques but the principle is pretty simple, when you clean you can leave a self addressed envelope (with or without stamp) or just your address along with a note asking them to send payment via cheque with the first line of there address on the back so you know where it comes from, then wait for the postman  ;)

Alistair

LSB

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 05:02:49 pm »
for those customers that i want to send a cheque i leave a ' your windows have been cleaned ' ticket sligthly adapted to ask them to post a cheque for £? within 14 days , and i clip this to a self addressed envelope ! good luck .

ac_cleaning

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 05:03:39 pm »
I leave a note saying your windows were cleaned to-day with a sae. I write in small letters on the corner of envelope the house number and the first letter of the street in  case they dont put their address on back of cheque.
al

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 05:10:43 pm »
Sorry to hijack your topic Biscute,

But does anybody know whats involved with using one of these 3rd party direct debit collection companies ie. minimum customer base and charges???

Regards

Alistair

Biscute

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 05:39:50 pm »
thanx guys for the info. Can someone now please let me know about the standing orders work?

pylofm

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 06:31:20 pm »
Biscute, loads of people are now very familiar with internet banking...and it's use is on the rise..this is how the vast amount of my income gets to me...

Cheers
Dave ;D

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 07:51:09 pm »
So nobody collects by DD  ???

steve k

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 06:45:56 am »
I wouldnt imagine many do.
I would hate that actually...its the same as when the customer pays in advance for x amounts of months..it feels like you are doing them for nothing when you go back the second and third time... ;D

cannot be simpler to staple a card to an addressed envelope and have them send a cheque within 7 days.
I have done this for a while now and it is great.
I actually get a few who drive to my house and post the envelope!!!

pure-water

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 07:34:16 am »

I agree with Steve.

SAE. No stamp.
They even hand deliver.    Been doing this since the 80’s, it works.

Like all things, you Talk it up with Your customers (appreciating how busy THEY are & how YOU don’t want the bill to get too large that THEY have to pay for many cleans) and they will see that it really is the easiest way of Keeping you Both happy.

The bonus is that it gives you more time to be doing other things, eating with family or anything else.

At the end of the day it saves you TIME and in a way you are still getting paid.

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 05:03:59 pm »

SAE. No stamp.
They even hand deliver.    Been doing this since the 80’s, it works.

I appreciate what you guys are saying but more and more people are paying there bills by Direct Debit and its not going to be too far in the future when cheques are obsolete and you'll have to find another of receiving your money.

Tosh

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 05:12:48 pm »
So nobody collects by DD  ???

There's a BIG difference between a Standing Order and a Direct Debit.

With a standing order, you're basically (or rather the customer) is telling their bank to pay X amount per frequency.

With a Direct Debit, companies can increase or decrease the amount they deduct without the 'owner's' consent.

So basically, unless you're a big firm that fulfills a certain criteria, then you won't be able to have a Direct Debit facility.

You will however be able to get your customers to sign up for a Standing order.

But there's pros and cons to this.

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 05:37:35 pm »
Tosh,

I do understand that I am unlikely to be allowed to become a Direct Debit Originator but there are 3rd party companies which will collect on your behalf as my original question states

But does anybody know whats involved with using one of these 3rd party direct debit collection companies ie. minimum customer base and charges???

All I wanted to know was does anybody use them, I understand what Standing Orders and Direct Debits are, and there differences.

Regards

Alistair

mrnbenson

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 10:56:57 pm »
hope your customers agree to this sort of payment, also do u want the bank to know everything dont you have any undeclared work ffs lol
#

C-Thru.

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 12:11:00 am »
Hey bicy,
let me no your e mail and will send you a copy of my collection slips, and how i do it, haven't collected for over 4 years now.

Goochie

C-Thru.

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 12:31:38 am »
Bicy you have e-mail.
Goochie

Biscute

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 08:54:40 am »
Cheers Goochie, great little tip.