This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

Black Resin
« on: February 12, 2007, 07:22:24 pm »
Just got back from helping someone with their DI Vessel which was sorted. However when changing the resin which was only a week old the resin was black in the middle of the vessel.

Does anyone know what causes this, only one thing can to mind was the frost we have just had.

Doug

detec52

Re: Black Resin
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 07:58:59 pm »
it will turn black when used. Rob.
RAH Cleaning Contractors

cleantech.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 11:36:04 am »
was it wet?
All posts by Justin @ Cleantech unless specified otherwise

DASERVICES

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 02:52:44 pm »
Yes it would have been wet as it was in di vessel that always has water in it.

dai

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 07:31:33 pm »
I run two DI vessels in tandem, I only change vessel no1 one the TDS gets to 50 [tap TDS 52]. I have never seen it go black, even at 50TDS. Dai

cleantech.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 01:12:02 pm »
Yes it would have been wet as it was in di vessel that always has water in it.

resin turns almost black when wet, empty the vessel of water and i bet it turns a dull gold colour again.
All posts by Justin @ Cleantech unless specified otherwise

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 11:16:24 pm »
I have a 100gpd RO man RO and a750ml Di polisher canister.  The resin always goes black..........but churns out 000 water for about a month..............That'll do me ;) ;)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

DASERVICES

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 07:42:16 pm »
I have just received a reply from my resin supplier which explains all things :-

"As for the resins becoming black, did you observe any sticking blackish material in the resin. This may be due to bacterial growth in the resin, if kept stagnant in normal water.   One needs to flush the water in the resin bed (only) everyday and replace with fresh water."

This I know he did not do as his DI vessel is linked direct to his water tank and hence there will always be static water. In this case his system had not been used for a long time due to bad weather.

So there you have do not have stagnant water in your DI vessel, this explains why a lot of guys had problems with their resin. Also at that time there was a lot of humidity in the air so any non sealed bags the resin would degenerate.

Doug