Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H h20

Ground in dirt
« on: February 12, 2007, 01:35:32 pm »
Hi,iv`e just got back from doing a new job i used wfp but the windows hav`nt been cleaned for years and the dirt is ground in i scrubbed and used plenty if water but it would`nt budge,this is the first time ever this has happened,i don`t use ladders anymore fullstop,
what can be done,  ???
Gaz

Bazzy1999

Re: Ground in dirt
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 02:18:08 pm »
Gaz.. I had one like that today, no matter how much i scrubbed and rinsed it still looked crap so all i done was got an old brush (vikan) and dipped it in a bucket of diluted TFR and gave it a good scrub then cleaned it all off with wfp and it came up great..
Hope this helps

Bazz...

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 04:30:59 pm »
if you use a trolley system you can put some tfr in one container  clean windows and then go back with a container of pure water and rinse the windows, it is a bit time consuming though , i would do a risk assesment and use ladder for first clean .
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 05:15:08 pm »
Gaz,

For some 'new cleans', it's just easier to use a ladder.

I recently did what amounted to a builder's clean recently; tough work; but I just couldn't see how you could get a good-quality job done without getting up close to the glass.

Now I just use the pole, and it's a dream job.

Would you not use a ladder even with a ladder stopper?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 05:26:53 pm »
Hi,iv`e just got back from doing a new job i used wfp but the windows hav`nt been cleaned for years and the dirt is ground in i scrubbed and used plenty if water but it would`nt budge,this is the first time ever this has happened,i don`t use ladders anymore fullstop,
what can be done,  ???
Gaz
If you don't want to use a ladder then you'll just have to accept you can't do it.
Same for me, there's some things can't be done without wfp...

It's got limitations just like ladder use.

H h20

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 05:49:55 pm »
Hi,thanks ever so much for the replies,i have got a few ideas i`m going to try tomorrow as i have got to go back anyway,it will still be using wfp,
Squeeks no disrespect to your reply but as much as anti wfp you are i am a firm believer that there`s always  a way that`s why i posted this topic on here and as Bazz has found out,
Gaz

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 05:59:00 pm »
Gaz,

I think Squeaks has a valid point, and his wasn't an anti-WFP post.

Does TFR remove silicone or concrete?  Ladders are justified in some circumstances.

Okay, you might be able to do this with a six-inch scraper on the end of a long pole; but it wouldn't be as efficient or do as good a job.

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 06:52:40 pm »
pole, applicator with abrasive side, fairy liquid, scrub.WFP rinse.

007 or what

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 07:17:27 pm »
I saw once about a in-line tank that you could take off fill up with something like TFR screw back on and it automaticly allows a bit of solution through up to the brush. Does this make any sense? I want one.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 08:04:08 pm »
Maybe something like this. Saw, glue self tapper and pvc tape.

007 or what

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 08:52:21 pm »
What is that????????????????????? :-X

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 09:00:58 pm »

Isn't it obvious!
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 09:18:03 pm »
Taken from Matts diy site in response to an idea from Dave Turley. http://d.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=511

"White Scotchbrite is the other name I was struggling for.
I found the porcupine sleeve held too much water the total weight went up to 22oz. Have tried it out on Friday.
So I went back to the earlier idea of sticking it on the T bar. Weighs 13oz Could also be a gg3 applicator "

WavieDavie

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 10:36:41 pm »
I saw once about a in-line tank that you could take off fill up with something like TFR screw back on and it automaticly allows a bit of solution through up to the brush. Does this make any sense? I want one.

http://www.hgpromotions.com/?page=products&cid=6 scroll down to third item.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

EasyClean

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 01:10:08 am »
Tucker poles sell dual hose wfp's. This involves using a small mixer container which you can add cleaning tablets to for initial cleans/builders cleans, stubborn egg marks, etc, which is connected to one of the hoses (for scrubbing the glass and frames). Then it is switched off and the second hose rinses the clean D.I. water over the windows.

I use one of these mixer containers and fill it with Traffic Film Remover and use it connected up to a spare WFP purely for conservatory cleans and removing any eggs thrown on windows as it makes light work of a job that would normally take ages or require the use of a ladder to overcome the awkward problem. 

Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

007 or what

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 04:50:47 pm »
Thanks easyclean thats what i was thinking of.

007 or what

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 04:53:19 pm »
Dont suppose you have a link do you Easyclean

Jeff Brimble

Re: Ground in dirt New
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 07:02:09 pm »
I think wavie davie may have a link.
Gardenia hose people have one.