This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Please come back! I'm begging you ...
« on: February 09, 2007, 10:09:56 pm »
Back in September I pulled up at one of my small commercials, unrolled the hose, got out the pole and was just about to start when an employee came out and told me that someone else was doing the windows.

I asked why to be told that he "wasn't sure but thinks it's on price" - I packed away my gear went into the office and politely but firmly told them I didn't appreciate their methods of conducting business. They could have let me know beforehand etc.

Then the boss walked in, apologised and said he would sort it with the person who arranged it and let me know what was going off. (I also cleaned his parents house about six miles away and said that I viewed both jobs as one and that if I lost his office then I would expect the new cleaners to clean his parents home.) I left.

I heard nothing and a week later sent in a letter saying I was dropping both accounts and told them they should bear in mind I was working within H&S regs and was insured etc.

I heard nothing, put it down to experience until ...

Saturday just gone.

The bosses mother phoned and asked if I would do her windows again - I politely explained the above and ... no.

Tuesday.

My wife takes a call from the offices - please come back - the other guy only turned up once - he was a mate of the old office manager - they were sorry - could we build bridges - oh, and could I do the parents house again?

Wednesday.

I phone back and tweak their nose a little but agreed to go back  and do both accounts on the basis that this never happens again and that they pay double for the first clean because the windows are so filthy.

I know ... I've gone soft but it's nice to know I'm needed.
It's a game of three halves!

Grafters Cleaning Services

Re: Please come back! I'm begging you ...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 12:11:14 am »
way to go m8  ;D
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 12:16:10 am »
Back in September I pulled up at one of my small commercials, unrolled the hose, got out the pole and was just about to start when an employee came out and told me that someone else was doing the windows.

I asked why to be told that he "wasn't sure but thinks it's on price" - I packed away my gear went into the office and politely but firmly told them I didn't appreciate their methods of conducting business. They could have let me know beforehand etc.

Then the boss walked in, apologised and said he would sort it with the person who arranged it and let me know what was going off. (I also cleaned his parents house about six miles away and said that I viewed both jobs as one and that if I lost his office then I would expect the new cleaners to clean his parents home.) I left.

I heard nothing and a week later sent in a letter saying I was dropping both accounts and told them they should bear in mind I was working within H&S regs and was insured etc.

I heard nothing, put it down to experience until ...

Saturday just gone.

The bosses mother phoned and asked if I would do her windows again - I politely explained the above and ... no.

Tuesday.

My wife takes a call from the offices - please come back - the other guy only turned up once - he was a mate of the old office manager - they were sorry - could we build bridges - oh, and could I do the parents house again?

Wednesday.

I phone back and tweak their nose a little but agreed to go back  and do both accounts on the basis that this never happens again and that they pay double for the first clean because the windows are so filthy.

I know ... I've gone soft but it's nice to know I'm needed.

Ya big softie   :)
I think you handled that just about right.
Hope you put the price of the maintenance cleans up while you were at it.

brett walker

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 12:18:38 am »
 ;D ;D nice one  ;) pay double  8)

brett.

JohnL

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 12:42:30 am »
You have done the right thing MalcG!

I dont believe in discounting business because a customer has decided to give someone else a chance of doing their business. If there is a problem of some description, if they are a genuine pain in the butt or chop and change on a whim - fine, but people have the right to source a supplier, try them out and make a decision. After all does anyone give all their business to one supplier, does everyone only use one place to buy their fuel? If so not many shop keepers would be in business if they kept turning customers away.

In saying that I also believe WCers should expect some degree of continuity and loyalty from the customer and if there is a problem be it price, service, quality etc the customer should have the decency to discuss it with you. I've lost a couple of customers because of numerous reasons and have heard they are now struggling to get a decent WCer but I am not going to them and they seem to embarrassed to approach me again. Its a funny world but if we keep a business heads on our shoulders we should do OK.

I think you had a pretty genuine grievance following the way you were treated and would expect an apology for that but I think you are doing the right thing for your business.

Its all money in the bank Malc   :)
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 09:41:33 am »
Its it certainly nice when customers come back , in my case I took back a customer that used to be a £9 job every 8wks she cancelled back in April last year saying were moving OK fine wasn't too bothered at the loss other than I actually liked her, they took ages to sell up and move, I think they finally moved around Oct/Nov, she called me again in Jan to say shed tried to clean her own windows today and made a right mess (that was really an understatement) at the time I was doing that area and I could call round later that day to price it up, It turned out to be a £30 job every 12wks

Chris

petetaylor56

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 08:36:09 pm »
 ???i lost 4 jobs because they got a new cleaning company in there commercial side and decided to put there window cleaning in there hands so lost 2 comercial jobs and 2 private jobs as they added them on the comercial work already taking them back once when they were fed up being let down wont be going back once bitten twice shy lost £250 for my efforts no loyalty>:(
today i be mostly wfp