This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben783

Price help
« on: February 08, 2007, 09:57:44 am »
Chaps,
              Not been cleaning for long and have been asked to clean a conservatory/lean-to. The clean would consist of 1x standard kitchen size window,1x set patio doors and a poly-carb roof that is approx 18ft wide and comes away from the house approx 15ft. The roof is proper filthy with green scum.
             I'm trad so would need to be on ladder with ext pole and clean roof with squeege and blade bit by bit. Also cons gutter has weeds in it !! :-\

Please help this could be my best earner to date !! ;)

Ben

Chris Cottrell

Re: Price help
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 10:06:16 am »
£75 NO LESS maybe even £100 if you can get away with it depends on how affluant they are

NB: it'll take a good couple of hours

Chris

007 or what

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 10:13:20 am »
def £75 + it would take me 2 - 2 1/2 hrs trad........... 1hr wfp

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 10:13:28 am »
Chaps,
              Not been cleaning for long and have been asked to clean a conservatory/lean-to. The clean would consist of 1x standard kitchen size window,1x set patio doors and a poly-carb roof that is approx 18ft wide and comes away from the house approx 15ft. The roof is proper filthy with green scum.
             I'm trad so would need to be on ladder with ext pole and clean roof with squeege and blade bit by bit. Also cons gutter has weeds in it !! :-\

Please help this could be my best earner to date !! ;)

Ben

It sounds like it will be hard work doing it the traditional way.  I once did a bad roof the trad way (before I got WFP) and it took ages.  One thing I did to help myself was to borrow the customers garden hose and wet the roof a lot.  Then I got a broom, wedged it into the end of an Unger pole (with scrim) and kept wetting and brushing until I got the worst off.
The standard answer to your question though is to take your intended hourly rate, multiply by the time you anticipate taking, then add a bit in case you've been optimistic.  What I would suggest though is that you quote for cleaning the muck out of the gutters, the external surface of the guttering, and also the conservatory sides.  It can be very awkward doing the roof etc without messing up the rest of it.  Also allow for time you will need to clean your cloths etc at home as these should get messier than usual and disposing of any rubbish from the guttering.
Take care when leaning over onto the roof won't you.  It sounds like a potential danger point as the ladder may "seesaw".

pjulk

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 10:16:05 am »
Soak then roof with some non costic traffic film remover first and leave for about 10 minutes this will make getting the green off a doddle.

Paul

russ_clark

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 10:17:36 am »
around £50-£75 mark is what I would charge for that kind of job
depends on how dirty really.
Best way for you to work out your price is look at time it will take to do the job
then multiply by at least your hourly rate.
Allow a little extra time and that should give your price.
i.e.  if your hourly rate is £15 and the job would take 3.5 hours
I would charge £15 x 4 hrs= £60
if you are trad then it will mean a bit of elbow grease
with wfp charge the same and the job will be done in half the time  ;)

ben783

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 10:45:07 am »
Thanks guys,
                           All points taken on board (hose pipe, seasaw etc...) £75 sounds good to me, it's her roof and yes she has a bob or two !! ;)

Ben ;D

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 03:32:56 pm »
£100 is good just in case it takes you longer than normal

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

ben783

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 01:01:30 pm »
Guys,
           Did the cons yesterday and it took me approx 1hr 20mins...used my ext pole and lashed a broom to it(unconventional i know !!) this was the safest way i could think of as i'm trad and got no wfp kit. Stood on my step ladder and just slid the broom up and down the roof with a bit of hot water and fairy ...easy!!
           Charged her £30 and she was over the moon(probably should of charged £40 ::) Still !! she was happy and i also got the rest of her house to do later on ;)

Thanks for all the advice

Ben :) 

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 01:06:46 pm »
at £30  i'm not surprised she was over the moon... d'ya wanna come and do mine at that price :P

Chris

macmac

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 01:47:34 pm »
well done ben, if your happy with 30 quid for 1 hr 20 mins then thats ok mate, after all thats over 20 quid an hour. i know what its like when you start off, we've all been there, dont want to sell yourself too cheap but also dont want to over-price & risk loosing a new account. its ok for some of us on here who dont really need the extra work to put a good price in like 70 to 100 quid, if we get the job we're quids in but if not who cares? ( if you know what i mean).
good luck with the future, you'll soon be a dab-hand at pricing your work up. ;) ;)

tony

ben783

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 09:37:57 am »
Tony,
          Thanks for the nice reply and the kind words...all encouragment helps ;)

macmac

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 07:19:37 pm »
Tony,
          Thanks for the nice reply and the kind words...all encouragment helps ;)

no problem mate, anything you need to know just ask on this forum, you'll always get good advise (well, more often than not) ;D ;D

tony  ;)