This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rennie

high visability vests
« on: February 05, 2007, 07:16:56 pm »
ive just heard that as from the 1st of june all w/c have to wear high visability vests i dont know how much truth is in this and would like to know if it is true can anyone help

Mike_G

Re: high visability vests
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 07:47:41 pm »
Where did you hear this?

rennie

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 07:51:26 pm »
i heard it from a rival window cleaner he is quite new at the job but because he has a team he keeps well in tact with the law but he could be pulling my leg but if its true someone should really know about this

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 08:06:15 pm »
Squeaky replies:

Hi vis vest! Wot a pest!

Wot's window cleaning coming to, load of pansies - when I was a lad we wore "road-matching grey" overalls - never got knocked over. (It was easy to dodge those traction engines - ah traction engines, much better than vans or lorries with their diesel engines that won't pull the skin off a rice pudding - ah I preferred traditonal rice pudding, made in the oven in my Gran's Aga - ah, Agas, now there's real cooking equipment, not like these new-fangled gas or - even worse - leccy things. Ah electricity - two bob in the meter would last you all week if you didn't put on the 3-bar electric fire - ah, can't beat a real fire with real logs or coal. Where's all the coal mines gone? Now they import it in massive ships from Poland! Poles! Poles! Don't get me started about waterfed poles ... ... ...)

Rant!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

gaza

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 10:20:33 pm »
PMSL  ;D GREAT PIECE.

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Biscute

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 10:26:24 pm »
If you ask me why would you have to wear a high vis vest and who is going to enforce this, you are the man in charge and unless it comes in on your insurace that u are required to wear one ther is no point. I dout that it is true very much.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

dai

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 07:19:13 pm »
If the health and safety boyo can see me working without one, so can everyone else. Dai

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 07:21:50 pm »
If the health and safety boyo can see me working without one, so can everyone else. Dai

LOL @ Dai!

edd

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 07:30:05 pm »
I wear one in the town when doing the shops coz trucks hurt when there knock you over
plus all the blind old beggars driving in our town scare the life out of me most of um are 90 plus :o

Chris A

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 08:57:04 pm »
The blind old beggars driving on our roads have the same mentality as the blind old beggars who clean windows and will not get out of there ways. Hi vis jackets make you visable.

WavieDavie

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 10:42:13 pm »
Squeaky replies:

Hi vis vest! Wot a pest!

Wot's window cleaning coming to, load of pansies - when I was a lad we wore "road-matching grey" overalls - never got knocked over. (It was easy to dodge those traction engines - ah traction engines, much better than vans or lorries with their diesel engines that won't pull the skin off a rice pudding - ah I preferred traditonal rice pudding, made in the oven in my Gran's Aga - ah, Agas, now there's real cooking equipment, not like these new-fangled gas or - even worse - leccy things. Ah electricity - two bob in the meter would last you all week if you didn't put on the 3-bar electric fire - ah, can't beat a real fire with real logs or coal. Where's all the coal mines gone? Now they import it in massive ships from Poland! Poles! Poles! Don't get me started about waterfed poles ... ... ...)

Rant!  ;D

Whatever happened to Post Of The Month? :o)
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 10:51:38 pm »
I'm not going to wear a poxy vest.
They're worn by jobsworth tossers.

No way I'm going to look a right gaylord. >:(

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 11:06:43 pm »

Wow - Squeaky - that's even better than my parody a few posts up the page!  ;D

(Besides I can assure you that when I wear my hi-vis I do not look like a "right gaylord" - I look like a binman!  ;D)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 11:10:23 pm »

Wow - Squeaky - that's even better than my parody a few posts up the page!  ;D

(Besides I can assure you that when I wear my hi-vis I do not look like a "right gaylord" - I look like a binman!  ;D)
...and they're usually arrogant tossers.
Case closed. ;D

edd

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 12:43:01 am »
LETS SEE WHOS A TOSSER THEN HUM???

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 07:53:10 am »
Binman? ::)

Week-old thread? ???

Ian_Giles

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 08:58:00 am »
The replies here have me grinning from ear to ear...Malc's was great by the way ;D But lets stay on topic a tad now eh?

I guess it is a sensible thing to wear a high vis vest, more so if you are working in the high street, hardly relevant methinks on residential stuff though is it?

But it would be interesting to know the guidelines on this, who should be wearing one and who shouldn't?
And yes, I do know that those working in the high street should wear one, I would just like to know the official line on this.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

jeff1

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 09:07:32 am »
I wear the hi-vis coat when in a high street doing my shops, and wearing the coat makes you stand out, and because I stand out I get more people approuch me and ask for quotes, so in some ways it helps your safety and your business, who cares if I look like a binman I don't, I know if a car hits me, he can't look up and say I didn't see him.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 05:03:35 pm »
Very true about the extra work.

Working on commercial sites its a must now to wear them.
put your company logo on them they are as cheap as chips you stand out and look more professional.

DaveWilkinson

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 02:50:29 am »
Any one use the amber flashing warning lights on the vans (not the indicators), I would of thought the wfp lads would be parked and working from the roadside alot but dont recall seeing anyone who has posted picks of there vans having one, useful for trip hazard claims as well I would of thought. I havn't checked but I would be supprised if there wasnt some H&S regulation about it.

DAve