Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Argh, complaint on £230 customer.
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:29:03 am »
Ai, yesterday we had this beautiful sun shine day right?

Lady called me up, was her first clean, back of the house is all Georgian panes, said they have smears.......darn it to hell. This is really bad.

I did the spray bottle light mist buff with microfibre method for the inside. Outside is fine, did that with squeegee and applicator. Man, have to go back Monday afternoon to sort it out. One of their windows is as big as my living room, all Georgian paned.....what a nightmare. One or two of the big panes had a blade streak as well.

I used some diluted GG4 as spray, so that might have been the cause, or just not doing it properly due to time stress (took me 7,5 hours on my own) Have to try my previous coop window cleaning solution, that did quite well.

Thing is, this is a '3 garages / huge swimming pool with 3 pool houses and private helicopter' customer. (not kidding)

I even dreamed (nightmare) about it tonight. Ow man.....this hurts my pride.  :-[ :-[

I got this via a referral, thing is, I would never have taken it on because of the idiot windows, and horrible to do traditional way. I need Wfp, pfffff.

Colin_Glenn

Re: Argh, complaint on £230 customer.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 11:46:17 am »
Surely it isn't every single window. Why not go back and spend an hour or so inspecting every window and redoing the bad ones with a damp and dry cloth on the smears and blade marks.

That way she will be impressed that you came back and put right what wasn't perfect, and you still keep a good paying job. £230 for 7.5 hours work is pretty fantastic, and as you know next time will be quicker as you get used to it.

If you got it via referal you must be good at your job so I'm sure she will be impressed with you putting it right.
Transparent Weather Exclusion Systems Technician.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 12:21:38 pm »
Thing is, when I did them, I couldn't see a thing!!!! It was all fine.

But yea, can't be all of them for sure. Thanks for the helpful words, I needed that.  :)

I'm gonna split the outside and inside up into two days if she is okay with that. No stress for me seriously. I've been there with my full time IT job. :)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 12:45:02 pm »
I normally find once they have complained once they will complain about anything, Its just one of them customers.

Cleaning windows is not an exact science and you will always see how a window was last cleaned , given the correct light levels at this time of year.

you can only do your best

Dave

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 01:02:02 pm »
I agree with Dave. A pragmatic positive approach and try not to take things personally. I also agree with the remedial suggestions.
Unfortunatley I also argee with you, Aaargh!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 01:29:51 pm »
I guess we'll see on Monday.....would be hilarious if I couldn't see a thing. I think she is a bit of a complainer.

She even said the kitchen windows were not right.....BUT the windows are damaged, and have a white haze over them. Not my fault. Worst thing is, she said, it's not really a professional service, she is getting the highest standard of customer service, but still, having that said about your work is not nice. *ouch  :-\

I've only been in business since August 2006, so it's hard to not let this get me down.

But here we go, I'm showing professionalism and goodwill. That's all I can do!

brightnclean

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 02:01:20 pm »
Have you been paid for this one?

If so just go back and inspect your work and if it is really bad then of course put it right. If not explain that you do take a great pride im your work and also you object to being called unprofessional so wont be returning again.

I've only been in the game for 18 months but very quickle learned to bin this sort of customer real quick.

OK its a nice one to have but now you will get to hate going there.

Stand up and show her that you cant be bullied or put down in this way. Sounds like she's got nothing better to do than find fault with others she classes as below her.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 02:51:52 pm »
Yea I have been paid for it, my BACS.

Uhm, yea I guess on a couple of fronts you are right, but she is a really friendly lady, she wasn't nasty to me,....I guess we'll just have to wait and see! :)

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 03:13:46 pm »
It's a good job. Even if you regularly have call the following day for a short visit it's still a good job. I would impress upon the lady how pleased you were to get the job, but with that size and amount of work there are bound to be issues that crop up particularly with a first clean.

Also some things show up in certain light conditions and not in others. She obviously trusts you in the house, which is quite a good thing. Be straightforward, you are going to do your best and that's all you can offer. Try telling her this joke.
Chinaman phones in sick.
Boss who needs him says" when I'm under the weather I have sex with my wife and then I feel fine.Try that and come in later, we're desperate."
Chinaman phones again."I feel great, I coming in."
"Good it worked then."
"Yes. You got nice house."

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 05:49:06 pm »
Seemed it was really my fault. Lady was as friendly as it can get, really nice.

I used some GG4 in my spray bottle, but it left residue behind on the glass, so when buffing up it just got smears, took me 2 hours to put right. But one happy customer.

lol

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 06:06:16 pm »
Seemed it was really my fault. Lady was as friendly as it can get, really nice.

I used some GG4 in my spray bottle, but it left residue behind on the glass, so when buffing up it just got smears, took me 2 hours to put right. But one happy customer.

lol

Holding your hand up when you screw up goes a long way.  I'm glad you got it sorted out without losing the job.