This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Testing
« on: February 03, 2007, 06:17:57 pm »
Finally finished my van set up today and tested my pole system out on my own house, bearing in mind my windows have not been cleaned in fifteen years! Results looked very impressive at first. Checked them again when dry and they were not that good but concidering I have never cleaned a window properly outside in my forty plus years of life I must say overall I was very impressed with the diy system. Once I'm satisfied I can do a proper job I'll be off looking for work all thanks to the help and advice from this forum. :)

Clear Vision

Re: Testing
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 06:20:53 pm »
Make sure you just lift the brush off the glass when you rinse. Don't be shy when rinsing. Start at the top and move side to side on your way down the glass.

It will come with practice ;)

Keep at it and stick with it and have confidence in yourself.

Davew

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 06:43:53 pm »
Yep did plenty of rinsing I think. I reckoned I needed to apply a little more pressure to scrub the dirt off. Iv'e done them again with more bend in the pole with the bristles splayed out on my Vikan sill brush will check again tomorrow. Tried out my superlite brush too but was not that impressed with that one time will tell.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 08:57:59 pm »
Hi Davew,

The Superlite brush is best on maintenance cleans, much easier to use than the Vikan. On very dirty first cleans the Vikans are definitely much better though (although I use the SL on everything! technique helps)

Alex

spotless2000

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 08:58:27 pm »
I've use the Vikan for the last 10 months - great but heavy compared to the superlite.
Now using the Superlite on maintenance cleans and the Vikan on 1st cleans.

Steve

spotless2000

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 08:59:36 pm »
Alex beat me to it! ;)

Steve

Davew

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 05:29:42 pm »
Tried a conservatory today and the results were pretty dreadfull! Started with the roof and worked my way down-plenty of scrubbing and rinsing, the glass was beading like mad almost as if it had oil on it. Took my time and finished the clean rinsing everywhere afterwards. Went in for a chat later and couldn't believe how bad the panes were-completely spotted, looked like I had washed them with filthy water. Checked my tds- zero. More practice required before I charge customers I think. I have since turned up my flow a little bit more will try some other friend tomorrow.

john tomkins

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 06:09:26 pm »
I know it takes a lot longer davew but to almost certainly get a good finish first clean ...
scrub around all the frames and a quick clean over the glass and a good rinse, do this to all the windows, go back to the first one and start again just cleaning and rinsing the glass, this second clean gives the dirt  time to stop running from any problem areas top frame, top rubbers etc

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 06:13:21 pm »
I use applicator on pole and plenty of fairy on dirty conservatory. Hose down from customers tap if possible. Leave top wet, then wfp the sides.