This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul wright

help needed
« on: February 03, 2007, 02:00:05 pm »
hi    any of you great guys  who clean consv  roofs  help me out on a few probs i am coming up against   ?   if u can i like to phone u if thats ok     cheers
paul

steve k

Re: help needed
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 02:42:34 pm »
what`s the problem?

paul wright

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 03:54:08 pm »
well was led on abit   by wfp firm  saying that wfp  would clean any conser   just with the pure water ::)  as i was new to wfp i just asumed pure water was wonder stuff  ::)   (i am only cleaning conser and cladding etc)  which i told the rep at demo  , also he didnt clean much of roof at demo as he said he needed steps to get up there  fair enough i thouht    until i try on me own couple weeks later  and relise u need to be on the ground to use it not on steps  and on the ground cant see how u can do a leanto roof ?
help please lol

paul wright

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 06:55:29 pm »
anyone?

steve k

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 06:59:12 pm »
to do a full roof clean including all the PVC, you would really need a conservatory access ladder and clean the pvc with pvc cleaner and elbow grease followed by a pure water wash and rinse.
To try and do it from the ground with just wfp is pretty much impossible when you have so many elaborate designs of conservatory these days with difficult to access areas.

petski2

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 07:21:35 pm »
Use a normal ladder.
Short pole.
Spray all roof and upvc with tfr
leave for 10 to 15 mins.
Scrub with pole and pure water.
Have a coffee
Scrub again then rinse
Comes up brill
Hope this helps mate :)

steve k

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 08:26:22 am »
yes...thats the way to clean but you cannot do the conservatories with a ridge that leaves a side of the conservatory leaning back towards the house.
TFR is great but does not bring black pvc back to white.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 08:34:34 am »
Paul,

If you want to whiten up a stained UPVC conservatory then I agree with steve.
However, if you just need to remove all the green algieof the glass and frames then WFP will do a good job.  You will need a sfiffer brush than the run of the mill window brushes.
Ring me if you like
on

David Salkeld
Not Perfect - But Honest