This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Seatbelt Law?
« on: February 03, 2007, 07:34:36 am »
How do I stand with this law if I want to carry my six year old in the front of a Dispatch?

Phillip Darvill

Re: Seatbelt Law?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 07:58:02 am »
Take a look at the child car seat law http://www.darvader.co.uk/babies/child-car-seat-law-offers-on-child-car-seats/
you will probably need a car seat

matt

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 09:15:26 am »
its all on height

at 6 you wil most prob need a car seat or some description ( might get away with a "booster seat", personally for the sake of 25 quid i prefere the full seat with the bottom and back bit, it pulls the seatbelt down to the right height and you get 2 cup holders on them for drinks and sweets ;) afterall 25 quid aint much for the thought of saving your daughters life

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 10:50:00 am »
I use a booster seat in the car and in the van. Basically all three of my kids have used it as they've grown up and it is a bumshaped  (;D) plastic booster with a thin bit of cushioning on the top.

It lifts them to the correct seatbelt height and they can see out the window better. My 8 yr old still uses it.

If they are toddlers (you know - large head in proportion to body) then perhaps a full child seat with back and or sides. But once mine got to about 4/5 they just used the booster. The shop will advise but make sure the belt doesn't cut into the neck - most front belts allow up and down movement for the pivot point.
It's a game of three halves!