This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SHINING EXAMPLE

JUST WHAT WE WANT TO HEAR!
« on: February 02, 2007, 10:47:48 pm »
Got flagged down whilst driving today by a custy I've had for some years now. I cleaned her very large bungalow last month with wfp for the first time. She just wanted to tell me that whilst she was watching me clean last time, she was sure the windows would dry poorly. In fact she said that she was examining virtually every pane as they dried during the course of the afternoon. Verdict? She 'was amazed at the perfect result'!
I told her that I'd be around later and she almost jumped for joy! Job used to be a little underpriced, taking me over half an hour for £10.00. Now takes 15mins. including hose set-up. Hardly time to drink me tea!

Sir Squeaky

Re: JUST WHAT WE WANT TO HEAR!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 11:59:57 am »
She 'was amazed at the perfect result'!
It's sad when people get cataracts.

pylofm

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 12:06:32 pm »
Hi Squeaks.....Come the day that you do go WFP and you will !, we shall all act like proper gentlemen and not mention any of your previous post that do not present WFP in the best light ;)

Dave.

Clear Vision

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 12:17:21 pm »
Hi Squeaks.....Come the day that you do go WFP and you will !, we shall all act like proper gentlemen and not mention any of your previous post that do not present WFP in the best light ;)

Dave.

Leave poor squeaky alone. He makes this forum ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 01:11:56 pm »

Leave poor squeaky alone. He makes this forum ;)

He makes this forum what?
It's a game of three halves!

macmac

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 01:12:28 pm »
i've just got a customer willing to pay over the odds for me to drive 30 miles to his house JUST to have his windows done WFP!! ;D
he's just moved up here from wales & his last w/c was wfp, so pleased was he with the results that he's doing this.
it's a new estate of what i can only describe as georgian style mansions, i've never seen anything like it before, each house must be at least 500k with some possibly up to a million in value. i know there has been a trad w/c on the estate as he has seen one but i'm going to print some top notch flyers off to post when i go to do his house next week, i'll maybe take some pics to post on here.
i'm going the whole hog with the flyers, i.e. frames cleaned (which i normaly do not do :P), doors & garage doors cleaned, windows staying cleaner for longer, none intrusive, etc. etc.
see what happens. :D :D :D

tony

trevor perry

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 04:14:36 pm »
so basically macmac your going to try and pinch work from the trad guy dont complain when someone does the same to you
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Count Phil

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 05:45:39 pm »
If the trad guy is good and has a good raport with the customers, then he wont lose any. If he does it will be the trad guys fault or the worst customers. Just the way it works. So it's ok to leaflet them.

I often get people ask me to do them and they already have a cleaner. I say no because they have one. I always end up doing them because they go on about how bad their current cleaner is. If the cleaner is good, they would never dream of asking me or phoning in response to my flier. Like I never lose customers to others.

You only pick up other cleaners work if their crap or the customer is dodgy - which you soon find out and drop them. It's fair game. Every time you canvass you knock on doors which already have their windows cleaned any way. So go ahead and leaflet them!

macmac

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 11:51:17 pm »
so basically macmac your going to try and pinch work from the trad guy dont complain when someone does the same to you

i have never lost a job to another w/c and the following statement is printed on the bottom of all my leaflets, it reads-

PLEASE NOTE:-
  this is an honest approach for new business and in no way an attempt to take work from any other window cleaner, i am not in the business of under-cutting any other window cleaner. Thank You.

i offer a service that a trad w/c cant, & thats not my problem i'm affraid! ;) ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 12:22:44 am »
..and trad cleaners offer a service you can't, so it works both ways. ;)

macmac

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 12:27:45 am »
..and trad cleaners offer a service you can't, so it works both ways. ;)

not correct as i am trad too. :D

anyone else want to make fools of themselfs feel free, am off to bed. ::) ::)

brett walker

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 01:13:23 am »
Its not down to trad or wfp its down to the user and how conciencious you are among other things but we all want to hear weve done a good job 8)

But im a hard act to follow ;) as ive been told many times

window cleaning has moved on a lot i still know a few cowboys and them that just go out to earn their beer money but they are dying out because this industry is evolving

regards

Brett

texas girl

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 02:00:20 am »
Competition is great for the economy. It is good for the consumer; good for business, and provides jobs.

I say go for it. There is nothing immoral about competing for business.

It is true that if someone has a window cleaner they are pleased with then they will not change. It is still a good idea to let them know you are around if they need you.

And if they are not pleased with their current cleaner it is their right to shop around. WFP or traditional not important.

Marketing yourself is making you money. :o   :-*
Debbie

macmac

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 12:35:57 pm »
thanks for the support (the supporters)
this customer i'm talking about, his windows are filthy yet, he's not had a w/c leaflet through his door or been approached by another w/c. he just said to me that he has seen a guy on ladders doing one of the houses on the estate, so to me it's fair game. like others have stated, if they have a w/c & they're happy with him then i hope they stick with him, but if they're not happy or they prefere my services then fine. :D
I've not spent money on a wfp system & 3 years perfecting the art of it not to promote the benefits of it, that would be just crazy. ???
I never go out to steal work from any other w/c (as my leaflets state) and certainly would never under-cut anyone. :)

there you go, i think i'm being totaly fair. :P