This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

niceandclean

Gardiner 39 ft pole
« on: February 02, 2007, 07:35:29 pm »
Hi, is this the cheapest glass fibre pole around at the moment? I need a pole for 4 storie work, but only have 5 or 6 jobs a month, so dont want anything flash!
Has anyone got one, can you recommend it??

Thanks   :)

steve k

Re: Gardiner 39 ft pole
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 07:37:09 pm »
DONT work with glass fibre at that height...back breaking. Go for carbon fibre.

niceandclean

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 07:38:09 pm »
Oh right, can you recommend a cheap carbon fibre pole?

H h20

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 07:39:46 pm »
Brodex everytime,bl@@dy brilliant poles,but if you want a cheaper option then a carbon fishing pole,
Gaz

niceandclean

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 07:41:24 pm »
Thanks Gaz, do you have a link to a site for the fishing rod??

H h20

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 07:46:27 pm »
Gardiners sell them but you can buy cheaper,i use a leeda bluediamond,have a look on ebay under carbon pole,
Gaz

steve k

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 07:50:46 pm »
agree with Gaz...10% off too ;)

http://www.brodexbms.co.uk/shop/

niceandclean

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 07:53:24 pm »
Brilliant, thanks guy's!!!

cybersye

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 08:58:49 pm »
I've a Gardiner 39 ft pole.
Probably is about the cheapest out there.
No problems with it, sure its heavier than carbon fibre, buts its what I could afford and it does the same job. Go for what you can afford, and how much your going to use it, I probably use mine for 30-40 % of my work.
Simon

niceandclean

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 09:03:52 pm »
See at the moment im using a 60ft Ionic carbon fibre pole on my own, and its a real struggle trying to get it up to the forth storie window and then move it on to the next one along. Do you have trouble with this cybersye?? Ill only be using it for 6 or so jobs a month at the moment!

cybersye

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 09:23:52 pm »
Its whippy, but i find this to help with moving from window to window, so no I dont really have any problems with it, the longest job I have to use it continually for (fourth floor seafront and about 10 georgian windows) is 20 minutes and I feel pretty knackered after that. but its something I can live with and maybe by the time it wears out cf poles will be more competitely priced and common or my business would have grown enough to justify the expense.
Hope that helps in your decision
 ;) Simon

robbie14000

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 09:27:46 pm »
niceandclean- I have just purchased a 39 footer from a company called cleaning spot £200   www.cleaningspot.co.uk.
Just found there site while surfing the net.
Have not seen any cheaper.
Regards Robbie - Clearshine

niceandclean

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 09:40:49 pm »
Thanks cybersye, if i can just about handle the 60ft pole, im sure that i could handle the 39ft pole, thanks all for your advice.

Thanks Robbie for the link!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 11:27:44 am »
Hi Guys,

The 39ft pole does represent the cheapest way to clean high windows. Yes it is heavy and it does have some flexibility, but the price reflects this.

I personally have stopped using such poles and would now only work with a Super-Lite at these heights. If you can afford to buy a SL-40, then I would say do not even think about the 39ft Glass fibre. The advantage of the Super-Lite is that it will transform all of your work, you will come home less tired with virtually no aches at all.

But if you cannot afford it or only need the pole for a few jobs then the 39ft is worth considering. Surprisingly we sell about 25-30 of them a year!

Alex

Ian_Giles

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 12:05:14 pm »
Hi Guys,

The 39ft pole does represent the cheapest way to clean high windows. Yes it is heavy and it does have some flexibility, but the price reflects this.

I personally have stopped using such poles and would now only work with a Super-Lite at these heights. If you can afford to buy a SL-40, then I would say do not even think about the 39ft Glass fibre. The advantage of the Super-Lite is that it will transform all of your work, you will come home less tired with virtually no aches at all.

But if you cannot afford it or only need the pole for a few jobs then the 39ft is worth considering. Surprisingly we sell about 25-30 of them a year!

Alex

Hi Alex,

I'm thinking of taking a trip down your way so I can have a butchers at the superlite pole, as you are so far away I thought I'd take the missus with me and use it as an excuse to have a night away.
Don't want to spend a lot of money without checking out the goods first!

Do you keep them in stock?

And are there any decent hotels in your area!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 01:15:03 pm »
Hi Ian,

I would be more than happy to meet up with you and let you have a look at one in action. They really are the business. If you let me know the size SL you were interested in then I could make sure that we had one made up before you came.

There are a plethora of hotels down here, for some reason people love to come on holiday here!

You can choose from a few of the following:

Carlyon Bay Hotel, Par
The Beeches, Charlestown
Tresanton Hotel, St.Mawes
Nare Hotel, Veryan
Rosevine Hotel, Rosevine
Driftwood, Rosevine
Idle Rocks Hotel, St.Mawes
Rising Sun Hotel, St.Mawes
Boscundle Manor Hotel, Fowey
Cliff Head Hotel, Carlyon Bay, Par
Pier House Hotel, Charlestown

All of the above are in the St.Austell area and are very good, although some of them would set you back by more than the cost of the Super-Lite! particularly the first five.

If you want better value then there is the following
Bradleigh Lodge (nice guest house), St.Austell
Rashleigh Arms (good pub with rooms), Charlestown, St.Austell
or the brand new 4 storey Travelodge, St.Austell

Of course that is just a few of the hotels in the St.Austell area. There are about another 600 within 35 miles of us.

macmac

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 01:20:53 pm »
DONT work with glass fibre at that height...back breaking. Go for carbon fibre.

absolutly correct!! ;)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 11:10:22 am »
Hi Ian,

I would be more than happy to meet up with you and let you have a look at one in action. They really are the business. If you let me know the size SL you were interested in then I could make sure that we had one made up before you came.

There are a plethora of hotels down here, for some reason people love to come on holiday here!

You can choose from a few of the following:

Carlyon Bay Hotel, Par
The Beeches, Charlestown
Tresanton Hotel, St.Mawes
Nare Hotel, Veryan
Rosevine Hotel, Rosevine
Driftwood, Rosevine
Idle Rocks Hotel, St.Mawes
Rising Sun Hotel, St.Mawes
Boscundle Manor Hotel, Fowey
Cliff Head Hotel, Carlyon Bay, Par
Pier House Hotel, Charlestown

All of the above are in the St.Austell area and are very good, although some of them would set you back by more than the cost of the Super-Lite! particularly the first five.

If you want better value then there is the following
Bradleigh Lodge (nice guest house), St.Austell
Rashleigh Arms (good pub with rooms), Charlestown, St.Austell
or the brand new 4 storey Travelodge, St.Austell

Of course that is just a few of the hotels in the St.Austell area. There are about another 600 within 35 miles of us.

Thanks for that Alex,
We'll probably pop down on Wednesday 14th, and be there sometime around 1pm...I think! Got a couple of jobs I need to get done first ;)
I've the Unger pole at the moment and it takes me up to 35ft (or there abouts) So I'd be interested in the 35ft one.
I'd be interested in seeing the microbore you supply in action too, you know, flow rate and so on.....and a few other bits and pieces actually!

I'll check out some of those hotels you've mentioned too, thanks for the list ;)

Ian

Oops...I think I also edited your post without meaning too :-\
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 08:52:18 pm »
Ian you have mail.  :)

Bazzy1999

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 09:21:16 pm »
Alex... The Submersible pump you sell will it go through a 6" hole... im only asking coz ive just ordered one from your site and need to know if ive got to cut a bigger hole..

Cheers

Bazz...