This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Edwards

Ionic Pro 7 Thermo Pure
« on: February 02, 2007, 03:30:25 pm »
Hi everyone, I have had a look through Ionic Systems brochure and am considering buying a Pro 7 Thermo Pure.  This will be a serious investment so I would like to hear from other window cleaners who already have one of these systems.  For the price I will be paying for it I expect to get the best system available, is this the case? What's it like to work with every day? I need to know all the pro's and con's before I make my decision.

I would appreciate any comments from people who have this system and also any suggestions you might have as to an alternative.

Thank you

Paul
**aka Ionic Systems**

steve k

Re: Ionic Pro 7 Thermo Pure
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 03:39:28 pm »
I`m not entirely sure about the benefits of a hot water system over a conventional cold water system other than warmer hands.
Seems a lot of money to invest and more things to go wrong on it?

John Peters

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 03:42:35 pm »
Paul,

Take it from me, it'll be the best decision you ever made.

John

steve k

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 04:24:41 pm »
whats your view on it...good points, bad points, advantages, cost of maintenance and spares etc etc?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 04:32:34 pm »
john

Tell us more , i am really interested in why you think so

Dave

John Peters

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 04:36:54 pm »
Steve,

Good points:

1) No reject water = lower water bills I recon to be saving £600 per year.
2) Eases my conscience about environment.
3) Running costs now about £165 a year for filters.
4) Looks great in van = impressed customers.
5) Water quality from RO's is usually 000 never higher than 002.
6) Apart from salt backwash its all automated.

Down side:

Not cheap, but I pay for it monthly and its more than paid for itself in new contracts.

John

H h20

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 04:38:17 pm »
Well there`s a guy near me that has got one and by the time the water reaches the window its no where near as hot as it is when leaving the tank it`s more like aired,
so if you are using a long hose especially in winter running along the cold ground it ain`t really a hot water system,
Gaz

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 04:40:19 pm »
john

How much did the system set you back.

I am thinking of buying one.

Dave

steve k

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 04:49:12 pm »
I suppose if you are on a water meter, the zero rejection is good.

I`ve never understood the environment issue as the waste water is only going down the rainwater drain and back into our water supplies eventually...it is after all just hard water.

I`ve never had a customer look in my van!!

A normal RO is usually below 10tds (mine averages 4ppm) before the polishing resin.

I change my carbon and sediment filter every 6 months at £15.00 and change my DI resin every 8 months or so probably costing about £30 per annum.

I have to backwash my water softening resin with salt.

What about the benefits of the HEAT as that seems to be the only real difference as far as I can see.

John Peters

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 05:01:33 pm »
Yeah the heat, Gaz in really cold weather advise your friend to pre-heat the water in the tank for about an hour or so before he starts work, it'll be pipeing hot then! In terms of cleaning, put it this way, I could run the cold pump and clean with cold water, but I don't, I'll leave it you you to work out why.

I make a point of showing customers my system and explaining how it works. It looks the business and justifies my prices, taking time to explain all apects of the service is a great way to get customers to choose my service even before I've told them the price. If all you tell them is the price, its a yes or no answer.

John

steve k

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 05:08:09 pm »
hang on a minute John...I have just seen a post from you on January 28th...5 days ago :P

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=31680.0#msg249909

You say you have just received their brochure and they seem quite expensive.
You must have purchased this system in the last 5 days!!

They may be good but your not tellin me you have had a system a couple of days and are suddenly a successful commercial window cleaner...

The post says you are just getting into window cleaning... ???

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 05:23:45 pm »
This is a bit of a classic. Reading the posts I was siding against you steve k. There may still be something in what he says. Maybe a real user will come on. But I have to hand it to you steve k , unless there is an innocent explanation this is a classic.

RO-Sheen

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 05:52:29 pm »
Why do you change your carbon/sediment filter every 6 months? The life span of that filter is 30,000 litres. Do you use that much in 6 months?

I change my carbon and sediment filter every 6 months at £15.00 and change my DI resin every 8 months or so probably costing about £30 per annum.

Formerly known as GARGAAX

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 06:00:55 pm »
Everyones still on line, so either it's a really long post or he's busted.

What I do when I've made a Dick of myself is re register with a different user name.