This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Everything's Fine!
« on: January 29, 2007, 08:05:35 pm »
Had a bit of a scare on Friday:-

Did a house with brown upvc windows and was just finishing off when the lady of the house turns up from the school run. I've never met her before in the year or so I've been cleaning the windows as it was set up by the husband.

Now - they've always been wfp and no problems.

Lady of the house (yummy mummy I reckon ;D) is cheerful and thanks me for doing the windows but asks me if I'm going to blade the windows because they'll dry spotty. (Remember I've been doing these for a year now with no complaints)

I'm a bit flummoxed as I've taken it for granted they'll be OK.

So I do a Tosh and say "Look I'm sure they'll dry ok, don't pay me now but if they're ok in the morning send a cheque." She agrees.

Anyway I feel a bit concerned over the weekend so I decide to pop back today and see if they've dried ok.

Uh-Oh! Her convertible is on the drive - I had hoped to sneak in and check the glass but march up to the door and ring the bell after checking that it's ok.

She comes to the door and with a winning smile says "Hello, oh I am sorry -  they've dried out fine let me pay you now!"

Phew!

(I was racking my brains over this and the only thing I can think of is that they'd just had a new block pavior drive laid just before the last clean and I wonder if the dust blew onto the drying windows and left spots.)
It's a game of three halves!

poleman

Re: Everything's Fine!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 08:16:23 pm »
So I do a Tosh and say "Look I'm sure they'll dry ok, don't pay me now but if they're ok in the morning send a cheque." She agrees.

YES I have done that before when they have said are you going to take the water of the windows! think I own Tosh a beer, for that one  ;)

Andy

ronaldo

Re: Everything's Fine!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 08:18:40 pm »
Dont worry yourself Malc have faith in what your doing and let force be with you.  ;)
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !