Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr.G

2 questions for wfp users
« on: January 29, 2007, 05:53:48 pm »
there's a couple of things that puzzle me about wfp methods, 1- what do you do about all the open bedroom windows in summer,  and 2- why do [some of you] clean downstairs windows the  trad way?

Clear Vision

Re: 2 questions for wfp users
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 05:56:43 pm »
there's a couple of things that puzzle me about wfp methods, 1- what do you do about all the open bedroom windows in summer,  and 2- why do [some of you] clean downstairs windows the  trad way?

Close them with the brush and if they wont close just leave them.

I too cant understand why some clean downstairs trad ??? If wfp is good enough for upstairs then it's defiantly good enough for downstairs!

JM123

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 05:57:10 pm »
1.  Open windows get a light push with the brush to close them, if they don't close then they still get done, I just be a little bit more careful and make sure I dont soak the insides.

2.  I can't understand why anyone would do the downs trad if they have wfp.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

craig jwc

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 05:58:11 pm »
1.  Open windows get a light push with the brush to close them, if they don't close then they still get done, I just be a little bit more careful and make sure I dont soak the insides.

2.  I can't understand why anyone would do the downs trad if they have wfp.

Same as above

ronaldo

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 06:05:03 pm »
I no one lad by me who does the downstairs by traditional methods but this is only because he has a volkwagon polo so is limited to the amount of water he can carry.
When he changes vehicle he said there is no way he will be working like this.
My opinion is why spend loads of money going wfp then cleaning the bottoms by hand (MADNESS) if your going to invest in the equipment then use it on everything that its suitable to use on, and the work that doesnt suit it or your not happy with using it on, just get rid of it and build your round to your needs and the method your using.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 06:15:15 pm »

If the window won't push closed with the pole I  turn the flow right down and clean just the face of the glass obn the offending windows.
I do all WFP now (except for a few little jobs where it's impractical).
Cleaning downstairs the trad way may be more practical in certain situations.  For instance if someone hasn't yet upgraded to a van with a larger payload and is restricted on how much water may be carried.  Also, southeast england had drought restrictions a while back so it was a way of saving water.  I do some bungalows trad because I just can't be bothered to explain WFP to someone who struggles to remember who I am when I clean (a few of my older customers have leaky memories).

pylofm

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 06:46:30 pm »
I do not clean windows that are open....my t&c's make this clear...however if a window is open and the customer is at home of course I ring on the bell as ask for it to be shut ;D

WFP up/down & sideways ;D

Mr.G

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 06:59:58 pm »
has anyone accidentally squirted water inside? and did you confess?!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 07:04:11 pm »
has anyone accidentally squirted water inside? and did you confess?!

Not squirted it inside but some frames have leaked at times - even when closed.

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 07:07:18 pm »
I trad the ground floor since I work out of a car and my water carrying capacity is limited; and it'd be a pain to do 100% WFP with just a backpack.

I'm upgrading to a van-system shortly, but I may continue the way I work for much of my round, since I don't normally clean the ground floor windows at all.

Wor Lass does that with a squeegy! ;D  She's getting pretty good at it too.

You can't get quicker than not bothering with the ground floor stuff at all; to a certain extent anyway.

SHINING EXAMPLE

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 07:08:13 pm »
Wet the inside of some panes today. Customer was in, so I explained that I wouldn't be charging her any extra. ;)

ronaldo

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 07:24:04 pm »
I trad the ground floor since I work out of a car and my water carrying capacity is limited; and it'd be a pain to do 100% WFP with just a backpack.

I'm upgrading to a van-system shortly, but I may continue the way I work for much of my round, since I don't normally clean the ground floor windows at all.

Wor Lass does that with a squeegy! ;D  She's getting pretty good at it too.

You can't get quicker than not bothering with the ground floor stuff at all; to a certain extent anyway.

I,m wfp 100% and all i ever use is a backpack and i dont find it a pain.
Ive tried a trolley and tried a van mount and the backpack has been loads better on my work infact its been so good we now use 3 of them.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Clear Vision

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 07:27:38 pm »

I,m wfp 100% and all i ever use is a backpack and i dont find it a pain.
Ive tried a trolley and tried a van mount and the backpack has been loads better on my work infact its been so good we now use 3 of them.

3 of them :o I can't even aford one of them :'(

pylofm

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 07:56:31 pm »
About 3 weeks ago I was cleaning a customers top windows, when the little cherubs inside decided to open the window(water everywhere I bet)......the Dad then blew a gasket (I am learning new Dutch swear words every day!!), so I carry on and then the little darlin's do it again but on a different window ;D

Both the Dad and I had to laugh...then he went inside, bet one or them or both got a slapped bum...

Too funny :D

steve k

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 08:43:01 pm »
I sometimes do bottom trads just because I feel like it to be honest...its just as quick on ground floors and the water saved helps me do many more houses in the day.
Some other days, I WFP everything in sight.

mike richardson

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 11:07:05 pm »
i too do some downs trad way i started poling everything, but have found on some bungalows & tight places its quicker with the blade, my choice though not the customers,

which pes 1 man off cos he asked me not to use pole cos his walls were getting wet, so i dropped him now i do his neighbours bung with trad again (quicker) if he ever see's me he.ll go barmy lol, serves him rite for bien to picky & not giving pole a chance,

supernova77

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 11:49:43 pm »
Steve K - Are you the THE Steve K?

Andy

steve k

Re: 2 questions for wfp users New
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 08:57:08 am »
I think so yes...!
been off for a while :D