This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pure-water

In the van or at home?
« on: January 28, 2007, 08:58:24 pm »

Hi
Can any of you help?

I have a friend that intends to go the WFP way and has a dilemma.

He wants to know what is best. To have his filters on the van, or at home in his shed.

I recommended what I have,, RO & DI at home then pumped to van when it needs filling.
That’s what I’ve got.
That’s what I like.
That’s all I’ve known.

He’s thinking of having it all contained inside the van and has seen many van set-ups like that.   I have to AGREE that when I see ADDS or PICTURES of vans there are a great deal of them (it seems) with all their filtration on-board

SO
With the option of both,,, what are the PROS & CONS of either / Reasons for one over another?

Replies Gratefully Received.

Martin

mike richardson

Re: In the van or at home?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 09:04:23 pm »
mine is at home in the garage,

it seems good to me but like urself i aint known nothing else,

the plus for me is that i have more room in my van
when iam at work my tank is refilling

if i need more water i can come home & fill up

spotless2000

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 09:24:51 pm »

steve k

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 06:39:33 am »
I started out with whole system in the van.
After a couple of commercial jobs where I had to drive back the next day to finish off because I ran out of water and the on board set up took 4 hours to fill 400 litres...I took out the RO and pre filters, screwed them to my shed wall and sitting underneath are 2 x 220 litre water butts linked together.
Inside one of the the butts is a submersible pumpth 10 metres of 4cm hose attached.
I now have a constant supply of low TDS (average 5-10tds) water sitting in the butts while I am out workingback van up to shed.
When a fill up is necessary, I can now do it in minutes either during the day or at the beginning of a new working day.
I back van up to shed...
...unscrew cap off van tank
put in hose from submersible...
plug in submersible to outdoor socket...
van is full in 2-3 minutes... ;D

After the van tank is a pump and a vessel of DI resin before the hose reel to bring water down to 000TDS.

Another major advantage to a shed set up is becoming aware when you are dismantling your van set up as to how amazingly simple a purification set up is.
You will probably curse a bit if you have paid a supplier a fortune to have it installed but you will know in the future that DIY is so simple and so much cheaper and will do EXACTLY the same job.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 08:01:27 am »
fit the system at home with a holding tank, that way you always have water in hand
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 08:12:16 am »
I have both but the van RO has not been used as yet.  I know it sounds like overkill but it's just the way it evolved really.  When I first started with WFP, I had no water storage facilities as I live in a flat, so I went for a van RO.  Later, I got hold of a part of a large shed a few miles from where I live (but in amongst a lot of my work).  At the time I acquired this, a 1,000 litre IBC with RO came along and I got too good a deal on it to turn it down.  So I ended up with both.
If I had to make a choice, I would definitely go for a static RO though.  However, it depends on your circumstances.  If the van is your only vehicle, a static RO is a must I feel as the van is tied up for too long while filtering and filling.  At least with a static RO you can fill the van tank in a few minutes.
The RO in the van would come in handy on a big job if I was working a long way from home - so long as I had access to a tap.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 09:49:09 am »
From a consumer/user point of view a Static system is certainly a very reliable way of running a WFP. One great advantage is that you have a resevior of water at home to call on when needed. You also often only need a much cheaper RO unit as it can be  running 24/7 if needed.

From a retailers point of view the Van-mount system is the most straightforward business proposition as you have a single unit that you can fit/service/sell. Also they look good in your brochure!

Alex

rhys11

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 09:56:16 am »
i got mine in the shed as well you meed to be making water all the time.
rhys