This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Hi there,

I never seem to get this right, I always seem to leave marks and streaks/runs at the top. I'm talking about windows above sloped porches where you def. can't use a ladder, and using a trad. Unger pole for instance.

I tried not using the applicator all the way to the top, it still doesn't work well, I seem to drag the little top dirty part on the rest of the glass for approx. 2 inch.

On big panes I know the technique, you just squeegee a big portion of the top with the squeegee angled, and then do every bit vertically. (as seen in the video at window cleaning resources)

But with normal (ie. council) house PC windows, you can't use that at all.....any tips maybe?

Do you wipe the blade dry everytime you do another pass? It get's really annoying, even if you have a standard upvc frame with two medium panes, and one little opening one at the top, it still means wiping the blade and getting the pole down again about 6 times.

Pat Purcell

Re: Best way to clean standard UPVC windows with traditional pole?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 12:51:10 am »
GQC, when you pull down from the top you have to stutter the top ,pull down about an inch then without letting the rubber fold back on itself push it back up to the top and pull again all the way down and repeat this across the window, its not that hard to do once you get used to it,
you may still get a few runs but overall it works ,for detailing just wrap your scrim ,chamois, micrifiber aroundf the tip of the pole  a wipe across the top and down the sides
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 09:49:22 am »
GQC, when you pull down from the top you have to stutter the top ,pull down about an inch then without letting the rubber fold back on itself push it back up to the top and pull again all the way down and repeat this across the window, its not that hard to do once you get used to it,
you may still get a few runs but overall it works ,for detailing just wrap your scrim ,chamois, micrifiber aroundf the tip of the pole  a wipe across the top and down the sides

Ah, yea that makes sense, would it be even better to lift the squeegee off the pane when pushing it back to the top? I'm gonna try this. Sounds good. :)

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 06:00:21 pm »
I used an aluminium angle adapter on the end of my pole. I had two poles one with applicator, one with blade. I always used clean water with very little detergent. I never detailed, I never used ladders. I'm sure that I must have occasionaly left marks, but I never had any complaints. (now gone wfp and getting complaints).

Problems you mention plus cars parked underneath window etc can all be dealt with. Do it a lot, you get good at it.