This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adam Boss

This Forum
« on: January 27, 2007, 07:00:44 pm »
thought this part of the  forum was for people to share information regarding window cleaning issues, not to clog it up with the sale of rounds.
Am I the only one who finds this frustrating.
Regards
EST: 1988

Clear Vision

Re: This Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 07:05:39 pm »
Your not alone!

Why don't they just advertise in the buy & sell section? Nothing wrong with that?

Adam Boss

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 07:32:35 pm »
My thoughts exactly !!! >:(
EST: 1988

pylofm

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 09:05:26 pm »
I am in the same boat as you....why cannot direct sales pitches go into another forum area such as buy & sell for instance. I for one think that all parties can be served here but as you say, why clog up a 'Window Cleaning Issues' section with direct sales?

Yours Respectfully
Dave.

steve k

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 10:02:36 pm »
great sounding rounds though ;D

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 12:14:39 am »
were's the mods when you need them ::)

simon knight

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 07:13:54 am »

The subjects are clearly marked "Work for Sale". So if you don't want to buy a round in North London don't open the postings.

Sorry guys I can't see what the problem is.

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 08:18:56 am »
I don't think they should be allowed on the forum. If it was someone selling their own work that would be different.
I am not a fan of these "round for sale" merchants when its not really a round its just a list of names of people who have been compiled by a canvasser.

There is a thread running at the moment from a guy who had a bad experience with one of these outfits. Read that and you will see why they shouldn't be on here.

I'm not saying they are all like that but how would you know? There are no controls or safeguards. Thats the problem.

I personally believe that a lot of people who buy rounds in order to start up don't make a go of it. Thats my opinion based on things I have seen over the years. For that reason alone the forum should remain above this sort of thing.

simon knight

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 08:24:51 am »

Point taken. It hadn't occured to me that it wasn't his rounds he was selling. I just assumed it was a N London w/c wanting to sell up.

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 08:26:14 am »
I thought they were of general interest because they gave some idea of work/round value and it was presented in a very clear and business like manner.As this was done in a straightforward way people on here might be able to estimate the value of their own businesses.

Turns out that a lot of you posting above are rich! And the context of this might be that if you were thinking of investing, in say a van, this would put the amount involved in perspective and add to the value of your business.

Also when the round biulding peope post that sometimes throws something up.I have read the conceptO2 post several times and learn something different everytime as my understanding expands. This post could perhaps do with restarting though as it is too long.

Just another way of looking at it.

spotless2000

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007, 08:42:44 am »
Why don't they just advertise in the buy & sell section?

Possibly because they are tying to reach even more people especially the newbies?

I agree though, should be in the buy & sell section.

Steve

steve k

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 09:17:10 am »
nothing wrong whatsoever with people buying rounds or selling them...it is all business for someone.
If I went out over the next 4 weeks and built a great, compact round at great prices and then sold that list to someone, they are getting a recently constructed database of positive customers. No canvassing and a good return on investment very quickly. If they don`t stick with it...not my fault.
Can`t see your problem on this actually...at all. ???

spotless2000

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 09:57:58 am »
Welcome back Steve K - looking forward to some more inspirational pictures! ;)

Steve C

dai

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007, 07:02:55 pm »
Welcome back Steve K - looking forward to some more inspirational pictures! Wink

YES welcome back mate. Dai

JohnL

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007, 11:52:00 pm »
Good to see you back Steve!  -  and keep posting those pictures  :)

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

steve k

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 06:16:20 am »
Thanks lads ;D