Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david68

Dog Bitten Today
« on: January 27, 2007, 02:07:32 pm »
Was delivering leaflets through letterbox,
 and as i push my card through letter box the dog chewed on my fingers.
Ripped by skin worse by pulling my hand out of box.
Please be aware of this and never let young children post leaflets for you.

After knocking door the owner came out. At first she started laughing and thought i was not serious.

Until i showed her me badged up things, which my customer dressed for me.

Due to my illness of cancer i now have to get a teckness and be put on anti biotics.

My consultant said it coul;d be serious so need to be treated to stop rabbies.

Just i report this attack?

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

david68

Re: Dog Bitten Today
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 02:23:24 pm »
Should i report this attack???

Well i just have reported this to police

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

poleman

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 02:34:14 pm »
This has happen to me about 10 years ago, at the time I did not report it, have to say it bloody hurt at the time and I still have the scare  :( even now I am weary of putting my slip (windows cleaned) in the door

Andy

cybersye

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 02:44:50 pm »
sorry to hear that, is she an existing customer or a new one? you were out leafletting.
Reporting it to the police is probably not good for customer relations, what did the Police say?
As unfortunate as it is and it must have been painful, what do you hope to achieve by reporting it?
I have had a few near misses myself, one customer has two rottweilers and although they've missed my fingers they have eaten the bill in the past! I now stick the bill to the front door in an envelope.
Simon

Pj

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 02:51:22 pm »
Dogs!

Sorry all you pet owners, I love animals... in their place.

I hate dogs!  I never used to, but I do now.  I've been bitten 3 times >:(  enough already!
Dogs never used to be quite so numerous or agressive when I was a kid, but they have become like a lot of people these days...threatening and ferocious!
There should be a law.  If a dog bites you wherever, whenever, the owner should face charges.
The only exceptions should be a criminal assault attempt on the owner or their home.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I hope the owner is fined!

macc

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 03:36:56 pm »

Dave

I'm sorry you were bitten by the dog.

But as the dog thought he was protecting his property whats he done wrong,  ???.

I dont think it will be long before everything is banned in this country the way all this pink fluffy stuff is going.

I was bitten in the face about 8 years ago, 12 stitches on the eye brow & i nearly lost my left eye. The hospital wanted to notify the police but i said no because i was on his property.

Pj

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 04:28:30 pm »
Burglar alarms go off when someone tries to break in.  When I was burgled the Police said get yourself a burglar alarm it is a proven 90% deterrant.  Dogs are not.

Exactly.  A dog is not doing it's job, it doesn't know when someone innocent is calling.

Sorry, macc no offence meant to you.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 04:34:19 pm »

Dave

But as the dog thought he was protecting his property whats he done wrong,  ???.

I dont think it will be long before everything is banned in this country the way all this pink fluffy stuff is going.

I was bitten in the face about 8 years ago, 12 stitches on the eye brow & i nearly lost my left eye. The hospital wanted to notify the police but i said no because i was on his property.

Well if a person has a dog that reacts that way, it's not rocket science to install one of those cages around the letter box to catch the mail.  I think the main poiint is that the injury was very preventable.

macc

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 04:49:00 pm »

Dave

Well if a person has a dog that reacts that way, it's not rocket science to install one of those cages around the letter box to catch the mail. I think the main poiint is that the injury was very preventable.

Cars cause a lot more injury & deaths than dogs, pollution etc,  ::)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 05:07:42 pm »
If you've been munched on by a dog with your fingers inside the letterbox then there isn't much you can do about it.
Technically you were breaking and entering, seems daft I know, but that is what my mates in the post office tell me, and they have way more experience with dogs than we do!

AS I've said in another post about dog biting, in over 23 years as a window cleaner I've not been bitten once.
One of my dogs was barking at the postman once, the postie didn't know i was watching, he cornered the dog and started driving the boot in.
I was a little angry at that....
so much so the postie was sobbing and begging me not to hit him by the time I'd finished with him, and no, I didn't hit him, but by god I wanted to.
He tried to say it had nipped his ankle, he changed his tune when I showed him where I was standing and had watched the whole thing.
A barking dog is annoying, but it doesn't deserve a kicking for letting me know someone is at the gate!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 05:09:10 pm »

Dave

No straw men allowed please   :)

Well if a person has a dog that reacts that way, it's not rocket science to install one of those cages around the letter box to catch the mail. I think the main poiint is that the injury was very preventable.

Cars cause a lot more injury & deaths than dogs, pollution etc,  ::)

david68

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 08:14:15 pm »

Dave

I was more angry with the womens attitude and was told by the niebours that she keeps this dog locked in a cage.
Also it concerns me if this happens to a child.
If this dog bitten a child for walking onto its property and all that do. Well i dont think this is right.

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 10:35:31 pm »
...and was told by the niebours that she keeps this dog locked in a cage.

Dave

Dave,

I used to think this was cruel, but apparantly it's not.  When you leave a dog alone, it feels abandoned by its 'pack'; therefore it thinks its open to attack by other animals.  So by putting it in a cage can make it feel safe and secure.

I've also been bitten by a dog through a letter box and it hurt like hell and made me bleed.

But what can you do?

gaza

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 10:49:08 pm »
I HAD A  RUNNING with two dogs through a letter box ,but didnt know which dog it was.
 Soon the house came up for sale revenge, knocked on the door no one in ,
great, in went a block of choclate [laxative] yes u b,,,,,ds got u  ;D

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

niceandclean

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 10:54:53 pm »
No, friend of mines dog 5 years or so ago died after eating a selection box of chocolates left on a table.

gaza

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 11:41:51 pm »
WOW! HONEST DIDNT WANT TO HARM THEM :o
mind you cures the vet bills ;)

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

ewanc0

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 12:54:44 am »
Dogs are just like Kids. They behave according to the way they have been brought up.
My dog (collie cross) comes to work with me every day and when i get out the van to do a job she gets out too and comes with me. Obviously there are houses where she can't get out because the owners have there own dogs that don't appreciate visitors.
i even have customers where my dog goes into there house to say hello while i'm cleaning there windows and most people look for her because she is always with me.
It doesn't matter what kind of dog you have, if you treat it properly it will behave properly.

niceandclean

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 01:02:37 am »

It doesn't matter what kind of dog you have, if you treat it properly it will behave properly.

Well said!

paul wright

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007, 06:38:34 am »
if u hav a letter box u are inviting people to freely post through it   so u hav a duty to protect people if u hav a dog that might bite thier fingers  if u dont the letter box should be sealed, if i got bit on someones property   i would sue the owner  u cant just say its protecting the property thats crap   

david68

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 09:59:30 am »
Thanks for all the comments.
I will be very careful next time by making longer leaflets....and try not to enter my fingers in the box...

Dave

David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com