This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

A few questions for my ro unit
« on: January 26, 2007, 08:36:20 pm »
I bought this little ro unit off ebay as I got it very very cheap :D Its brand new!

The only problem with it, is that it takes day's to fill half an ibc tank :(

I can only assume that my mains water pressure is low?

How can I boost my pressure reasonably cheaply? Booster pump? Are they mains operated? Or 12v?

Just now I have the unit in the van filling up my tank as I'm shifting my static tank around at the mo so cant fill it.

Just wondered if i took/disconnected the red inlet pipe off and the waste off at the unit would it leak? So I could leave the unit in the van while I'm out at work and just connect the hose when I come back at night. Are/do the fittings act like a stop end?

Thanks in advance ;)

Clear Vision

Re: A few questions for my ro unit
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 10:03:13 am »
Can no one give me any advice or point me in the right direction?  :'(

H h20

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 10:06:18 am »
Matt what gallons per day rating is it?
Gaz

MNWC

Clear Vision

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 04:42:14 pm »
Matt what gallons per day rating is it?
Gaz

100 gpd.

Clear Vision

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 05:58:19 pm »

Just wondered if i took/disconnected the red inlet pipe off and the waste off at the unit would it leak? So I could leave the unit in the van while I'm out at work and just connect the hose when I come back at night. Are/do the fittings act like a stop end?

Thanks in advance ;)

Could any experienced ro user answer this?

MNWC

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 06:40:38 pm »
When you take the tubes off they will leak until the RO is depressurised

Clear Vision

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 06:43:12 pm »
This might sound silly marcus but how do I depressurise the unit?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 07:15:13 pm »
A 100gpd unit will only generally produce about 300litres per 24hours as standard. If your 1000litre IBC is taking 3 days to fill then it is about right.

If it takes much longer then you are on low pressure. There are two solutions, increase your pressure (pump) or increase your membrane count. You currently have just 1 membrane which can be increased to 3 membrane this will give you about 2.5 times the production rate. The cost for each membrane and fittings is quite reasonable for the benefit you will get.

Your unit could be left in the van, the easiest way is to leave the end of the waste poking through the floor of you van and then if it does dribble the waste will only go outside. The fittings do not work like a stop-end.

The reason that your unit was very cheap is that it is not that well specified for your purposes. It hasn't got a built in pressure gauge this would tell you exactly what your tap pressure is and also when to change the pre-filters. Also you could do with an inline tds meter to let you know when your resin chamber needs re-charging. You can quite reasonably add both of these items to this unit though.

Alex

Clear Vision

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 07:26:21 pm »
Thanks for you reply alex.

Membrane increase? What on earth is that? It's all foreign to me :-[

Where can I get the spare filters/membranes/in line tds & pressure gauge from?

Will I have to purchase from the company that supplied it/made it?

Are my parts a standard fit?

If you could help me beef this little unit up please could you email me some more inf and prices and we can take it from there.

Kind regards
Matthew

JM123

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 12:27:05 pm »
You will need to add at least one more membrane, and change your sediment and carbon filters - look at them, they should have been changed a long time ago, if you feel your pressure is too low add a booster pump.

you can get all this at ro-man
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Clear Vision

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 02:19:29 pm »
and change your sediment and carbon filters - look at them, they should have been changed a long time ago,

Sorry but I'm not with you on that one ::) ???

I am still producing 000ppm water with this unit so why do I need to change the sediment & carbon filters? It's only produced about 2000L. Surely I don't need to change the filters?

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007, 05:22:36 pm »
Why not buy completly new kit including a bigger rated RO and a booster pump, and use the above as spares?

You come across as running a very proffessional business, with a well kitted out Van, and some enviable accounts. For about four hundred pounds all of your water supply needs would be sorted.

Jon T.C.

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007, 05:30:56 pm »
Look here, or ring them www.ro-man.com

regards Jon
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 09:01:05 pm »
Hi Clear Vision

All the parts on your system are completely standard and easily upgraded or interchanged.  RO-man will supply all those bits or even ourselves! (give us a ring on the office number as the parts aren't on the website).

Membrane increase purely refers to adding another complete RO membrane (the large horizontal chamber on your RO Unit) to your current system.

Clear Vision

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 09:24:52 pm »
Why not buy completly new kit including a bigger rated RO and a booster pump, and use the above as spares?

You come across as running a very proffessional business, with a well kitted out Van, and some enviable accounts. For about four hundred pounds all of your water supply needs would be sorted.

Thanks, but I like to make use with what I have ;) Might upgrade when I get another van on the road.

Clear Vision

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 09:32:08 pm »
How do you power the in-line tds meter from ro-man? AA battery?

Clear Vision

Clear Vision

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007, 10:11:14 pm »
How do you power the in-line tds meter from ro-man? AA battery?

Clear Vision

Anyone know before I hit the sack?

Clear Vision

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 10:46:52 pm »
Come on chaps! Falling asleep here