This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davie T

Sending cash in the post
« on: January 25, 2007, 04:29:20 pm »
What's the impression from members who have had the money due to them sent by post ?
I have had no problems yet and always insist that the money is well concealed within a sheet of paper although I am reluctant to push this method, sometimes there is no other alternative if they don't have a cheque book.

I have a paypal account which I use on ebay.  How easy is it to convert this to use with customers who pay their accounts to me ?

Dean Aspects

Re: Sending cash in the post
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 04:50:08 pm »
i have a few that send cash through the post i dont mind too much as their are no bank charges on cash like their is on cheques
i have one that works for the police and uses official police envelopes
i think what the hell have i done! gets me every month ;)

steveaqua

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 04:52:45 pm »
the only problem i found with a few customers sending cash is them saying i sent it and you saying no you didn't! at least with cheque it can be cancelled.

Jacob Keyes

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 04:55:38 pm »
There's no need to convert anything with paypal.  Just tell your customers the email address that you use for paypal and as long as they have a paypal account they can send you money. Simple.

pylofm

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 04:57:50 pm »
I have found internet banking/transfer an ideal method...both parties have proof of money transfer...and the ease of use is a great selling point.

steveaqua

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 05:01:44 pm »
a lot of people still don't have the internet though, a lot of my customers don't even have mobiles, mainly old folk i find like to deal in good old hard cash, but then most of them are in when i call anyway. i find most old folk send me cheques when i don't see them.

chrismroberts

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 05:09:57 pm »
I've got a couple of customers who pay via PayPal, the only problem being the fees.  It costs me about 70p to receive £15.00, and then to withdraw it to my account when its under £50.

matt

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 06:37:24 pm »
i have a fair few now who pay with paypal and nochex

i has 1 today, so i brought a spare camcorder battery for my forthcoming holiday with it

i treat the money i get paid into paypal as my "fun money" for ebay