This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Aspects

wfp poles
« on: January 25, 2007, 04:24:37 pm »
i am looking to get a couple of new poles i have 2 universal poles at the moment
dont get the chance to see different poles here as not many people are wfp in this area and i would prefer to see a pole before i buy
dont want to spend loads on a pole and its useless
just wondered what you folks would recommend

Davie T

Re: wfp poles
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 04:31:17 pm »
Re your footnote at bottom of your posting.

"Kirriemuir ............"

Has the Ball at Kirriemuir been disbanded ?   ;)

Jacob Keyes

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 04:43:58 pm »
http://www.pure2o.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=32
They'll give you a demonstration and let you try them out before you buy!

macmac

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 08:11:01 pm »
aspects
dont know where kirriemuir is but i'm berwick near eyemouth ( as far south east scotland as you can be), i've a 44ft facelift carbon & its the biz, if your not too far away come and have a go some day. i recomend the facelift, but to be fair its the only carbon pole i've used, still, i cant imagine one better ;) ;)

tony

master cleaner

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 10:19:26 pm »
i am looking to get a couple of new poles i have 2 universal poles at the moment
dont get the chance to see different poles here as not many people are wfp in this area and i would prefer to see a pole before i buy
dont want to spend loads on a pole and its useless
just wondered what you folks would recommend

i use a facelift pole and speedfit connectors for the hose which means if you buy a 30ft facelift pole you can strip it down to a 24ft or a 18ft in seconds and not have loads of hose dragging around it also means you only need 1 pole instead of 3

gary

Dean Aspects

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 11:10:23 pm »
g,l,r window cleaning services
 is it a carbon fibre or a glass fibre pole that you use
and what are these speed fit connectors
youre idea of having only one pole sounds good to me

macmac

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 06:35:52 pm »
GLR
i see you got the connectors then, its a great to be able to adjust the length of hose in seconds init, i find myself having to use a small thin spanner to release the connectors although i think you can buy a release tool. what do you use?
also glr, i see your from s.yorks, i'm originaly from barnsley (up till 3 years ago).
up the reds ;D ;D ;D ;D

master cleaner

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 09:16:17 pm »
GLR
i see you got the connectors then, its a great to be able to adjust the length of hose in seconds init, i find myself having to use a small thin spanner to release the connectors although i think you can buy a release tool. what do you use?
also glr, i see your from s.yorks, i'm originaly from barnsley (up till 3 years ago).
up the reds ;D ;D ;D ;D

yes thanks macmac you are a gem , i have to use a spanner as well great minds think alike im from Rotherham , where are you now.

aspects
yes it is a carbon pole 34ft but i use it as a 18ft for 90% of the time the speedfit connectors macmac told me about they are like the push fit connectors on your ro unit , you cut your pole hose and connect these then you can disconnect a portion of the hose on the facelift pole at leisure and make whatever size pole you want 18,24,30,34 etc
hope this helps

gary

Dean Aspects

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 09:46:07 pm »
macmac
thanx for the offer very kind im just north of dundee so maybe a bit far i was at cleantech a while ago and had a play with a pole(no dirty comments please!)and liked it very much again the only carbon fibre i have seen

GLR
excellent idea i think i am sold on that option
many thanks

by the way while we are discussing where we are all from i am originally from worksop which is in your neck o woods

master cleaner

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 10:19:54 pm »
aspects

i play golf in worksop in the winter because their golf courses are built on sand so they dont get boggy , small world isnt it .

if you decide to use the method i use ie 18ft 24ft 30ft and 34ft , dont forget you will need the rubber ends for each pole so order them at the same time as the pole

macmac ive just read you previous post so i know where you are im a plonker really i should read properly before i post ;D ;D
gary

david68

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 11:51:48 pm »
Gary where did you buy your carbon pole from???

Or where the best place to look and order online

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

macmac

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 11:52:32 pm »
small world, ha, har, i was ice-skating in rotherham just over a year ago at the bowling alley, had no arse left by the end of the night. ;D ;D
i see from a pic of your van posted the other day that you use gaz brushes, i've just ordered a swivel one, i take it you must realy like them??

tony

George P

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 06:55:45 am »
we also use facelift poles and find them very good, also good service. glm could you post pics of your quick fit poles, like the idea but not quite sure how its done or what the connectors are you use, thanks george

master cleaner

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 07:22:33 pm »
Gary where did you buy your carbon pole from???

Or where the best place to look and order online

Dave
i bought my pole from facelift

master cleaner

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 07:26:37 pm »
small world, ha, har, i was ice-skating in rotherham just over a year ago at the bowling alley, had no arse left by the end of the night. ;D ;D
i see from a pic of your van posted the other day that you use gaz brushes, i've just ordered a swivel one, i take it you must realy like them??

tony

hi tony , yes i like gaz brushes i have a few with different stiffness in the bristles and some with fan jets and others with pencils for the windows with the vents.

george p
i will take some photos for you in the next couple of days  ( watch this space )

gary

George P

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 10:13:46 pm »
thanks gary

Dean Aspects

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 08:08:55 am »
just an update finally plucked up the courage to speed £800 on a facelift pole
oh how good it is
 recommended :)
of course the day it came couldnt go out and play with it coz it rained for 2 days >:(

macmac

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 09:21:10 am »
money well spent ;)

tony