This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben783

Rookie
« on: January 23, 2007, 09:42:57 pm »
Hi Guys,
              New to the biz & this site so please let me introduce myself.....I'm Ben and a Staff Sergeant in the Army, i'm finishing the mob in a couple of years and thought i could set myself up slowly with a local round (Fareham, Hants.)
Any local established w/c in my area need to offload work or could give me a few tips i'd really appreciate it :)
 Been reading these posts for about a month now and you guys have helped me decide to give it a go!!What have i got to lose ??....A few quid i've had to spend.
The freedom of being my own boss and to come and go as i please, REALLY appeals to me...Not having to answer to anybody ever again "yes sir, no sir"
(British Army Officers can be very dangerous !!!i won't miss them)...
More than likely going to get sent (again !) in September to somewhere hot, were you need to wear sunglasses and it's in the Dessert(know what i mean !) :(
Anyway chaps thats it for now,will keep ya'll posted as to my leaflet success or not !!! ;)

All the best to the chap with the bad back

Ben

Just been out and posted 100 leaflets and got another 500 lined up for weekend, lets just see if it brings in any calls, 10 would be nice ;)

Sorry to hear about the poor chap with his bad back...hope next week goes well.

Clear Vision

Re: Rookie
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 10:06:58 pm »
Welcome to the forum  ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 10:38:51 pm »
Yes, welcome, Ben.

Tell your prospective customers you're an army sergeant and leaving so are building up a round. Genuine customers will view you as reputable, reliable and being an NCO will gain their respect.

Mind you Tosh, (ex moderator and drivel poster on this forum - only joking, Tosh! ;D) was an army sergeant so he'll give you some tips when he turns up!

Keep your head down!

Malc (G)old
It's a game of three halves!

ben783

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 10:45:26 pm »
Thanks Malc,
                       I was thinking not to tell the customers i was new as they might think "if he's new he won't be that good" :-\
Thanks for the reply......Ben

gary evans

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 06:10:27 am »
Hi Ben

I left RAF in 1987 & started, did some weekend & holidays before coming out.
It has been difficult over years young family mortgage etc. But i still prefer to be my own boss.

We have built over years doing other stuff along way, gardening fencing landscsaping etc, but always kept some windows.

Now do alll commercial have 5 guys that work for us & looking to expand this year again.

Good luck with next posting & your business plans

Gary