This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

www.mrgutters.co.uk

how to wire this up
« on: January 22, 2007, 10:10:18 pm »
hi all

i am setting up my system into my new van and was wondering if anyone knew how to wire a split charge relay into the van so as to run an extra battery

its a volton combi the one i have but can anyone do a rough diagram or show me theres

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

jeff1

Re: how to wire this up
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 11:05:45 pm »
The trouble is Shawn there are several different type of split charge relays, each with a different set up, when you buy you S.C.R. they will come with a wiring diagram.

If your really unsure about wiring one, get an auto electrician to install it for you, it doesn't cost that much, and
its a lot safer. or when you buy it and your still unsure post the instuctions on here and we see what we can do for you.

Clear Vision

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 11:06:21 pm »
I personally think a split charge relay is a complete wast of time! Especially in the winter but maybe not in the summer.

Think of it like this!

Most of us drive from house to house which = stopping and starting.
In the winter you are more likely to use your windscreen wipers and also your head lights and even have the heater blasting.

Now this means that you are putting loads of strain on your vehicle battery and it's not getting enough time to charge.

Thats just my opinion. But please correct me if i'm wrong ;)

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 11:11:02 pm »
I personally think a split charge relay is a complete wast of time! Especially in the winter but maybe not in the summer.

Think of it like this!

In the winter you are more likely to use your windscreen wipers and also your head lights and even have the heater blasting.

Now this means that you are putting loads of strain on your vehicle battery and it's not getting enough time to charge.

No your dead right, I won't use one, every couple of days I put my battery on charge, in my mind there a complete waste of time for most of us, if your doing long journeys, then they may put a little back, but most of us do short journeys and loads of stop starting, so nothing is given to your second battery.

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 11:13:06 pm »

Think of it like this!

Hi
Haven't had my Suzuki Carry battery go flat yet this winter and my furthest customer is 6 miles from where I live. Still need to 'top up' the trailer battery every other day, but it doesn't take much - that's my personal experience.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 07:51:20 am »
I had a split charge relay in my old van and it was great in 3 years i never had to charge either battery once so they must work.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 07:54:29 am »

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 08:18:52 am »
thanks guys .

If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 10:02:41 am »
http://d.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=362&highlight=relay have a look at this

If you check the link out, I did this diagram and write up some time back, make sure you Identify the correct wiring from your relay, as it will more than likely be different, to the diagram shown.