This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Booster pumps?
« on: January 22, 2007, 11:15:01 am »
I have been told I have been supplied with the wrong kind of booster pump for my static system and it will not last. Can anyone suggest a replacement thats not as big and expensive as RO-Mans 24/7 version?

john tomkins

Re: Booster pumps?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 05:12:09 pm »
You dont say which one you were wrongly supplied with but this one should do the job at £72.50 http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/28/products_id/279

Davew

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 07:42:05 pm »
Yep, thats the one. Phoned ro-man and they said its not designed to run for long periods 'cos it will overheat and will not last, they reckon two hours at a time only then let it cool off. also it won't shut off when the float valve shuts the water off......great! Off to get a timer now to shut it down periodically.

Londoner

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 07:50:23 pm »
Thats not much good. I was just about to buy one of those as well. What good is a booster pump that only runs for two hours?

Davew

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 07:56:07 pm »
worse still the alternative is nearly £200! :o

john tomkins

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 09:53:39 pm »
Trouble with putting it on a timer is everytime it restarts your membrane will initially be kicking out  into DI at top TDS (well mine does) do that every 2 hours and your resin aint gonna last long :-\