This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cherubs cleaning

Re: ADVERTISING RESULTS
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 08:03:08 pm »
put your leaflet in a envelope and hand write "To the Occupier".i find this works better than just puting a 1p leaflet in the letter box.

Chris - CBWC

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2007, 08:57:16 pm »
I hadn't thought of that, definitely a good idea.  Too often my leaflet gets lumped in with pizza etc menus and just chucked in the bin without people looking at it.  Forcing them to open an envelope and pay attention to its contents certainly sounds better.  Instead of Occupier, would writing their address be any better?

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2007, 09:01:26 pm »
yes if u no it. i think that the hand written envelopes work better than printed.everyone wonders wats in it.

Chris - CBWC

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2007, 09:29:28 pm »
I'm just thinking when I'm out posting leaflets.  OK it'll take longer to handwrite each envelope and then post it, but it could well be worth it.  On the other hand, if I'm going round a couple of days later knocking on their doors and asking them personally, is it worth the envelope?

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2007, 10:06:13 pm »
hi krayzee.i have done 1000s and 1000s of leaflets. wrote down every job. hand written better,and 1000 envelope £8.00 office world

geefree

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 10:22:04 am »
Hi.

Thanks again..

i do mainly leaflet drops, i dont like cold calling as unless they really want a w/c , they tend to look down in the mouth and i feel like i am begging for work, and the attitude is one of : oh if you are cheap or if you are good etc etc..

i have put leaflets in shops , hairdressers post offices etc but with very little responce,

regarding commercial  (small)... i didnt really want as yet to put a portfolio pack together to leave with each company as at the moment it would be quite expensive just for it to be binned,

thats why i was interested in any other methods for offices etc,

thanks for all your comments once again,

Helen, my round has been mainly built with leaflets alone but its a slow process,

but i think i will try the leaflet in an envelope idea.

Gary.

Helen

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 04:07:27 pm »
We have found that leaflets and letting people call you, 99% of the time mean that they really do want your service and they will tend to stay with you longer, but yes the response can be slow, we took on one the other day, she had kept our leaflet for 18 months as she knew she was having new windows put in last November and liked the look of us! Have never tried post offices, but if they are the middle of an estate it could be good. Hairdressers, try and take on the hairdressers windows, once a week insides and outs, make sure you visit when they are full of customers, and it may just be that they will become your customers too! One tip for picking up commercial, tout your domestic customers, some must go out to work somewhere. May be one month, just do a flyer of your own, saying "We take on Commercial properties too!,Would your place of work benefit from our services? Please feel free to pass my details to the relevant person or call me with the details and I will make contact" This is basically cost effective and easy advertising. Again it has worked for us, but may not work for others. Just one thing , commercial work is a totally different area to get into than domestic. Make sure your quantify all details in writing and get either a signed contract or work on purchase order terms. Be prepared to wait for your money. Chase them regularly once the terms have passed.