Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Message for jeff brimble
« on: January 20, 2007, 09:30:33 pm »
Hi jeff,

I cleand the outside of that two houses today with the small square panes. (Sash windows)

I cleaned all frames and glass with 000 water then went back to the start and did again. From what I could see, the glass was drying superb. Not a spot or a run.

The only problem I had was removing all the dirt from the bottom sill and the side frame of the window.

So when I finished I took the ladders off and took a damp cloth and just went round all the frames and wiped clean. Is there an easy way I could clean the frames with the pole or will I have to go up the ladder and wipe every time?

Cheers

Matthew

Clear Vision

Re: Message for jeff brimble
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 09:43:24 pm »
This always makes me laugh! ;D

12 views and only 1 jeff brimble  ;D ;

you bunch of nosey old wifeys  ;D

john tomkins

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 09:50:56 pm »
Opps clicked the wrong post  :P

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 10:34:11 pm »
I dunno,
 I expect they will come cleaner with periodic cleans. It depends what the customer wants, expects and what  you think is right. You are using facelift can you angle the brush down for the cxap on the sills, next time before you do the glass. Mind you if you have detailed them with a cloth you wont need to do that next time.
Dont get to paranoid over the results or they will have you jumping thro hoops. Its a balance.

WavieDavie

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 11:32:59 pm »
If you're able to turn your brush 90o you can blooter the side frames no bother. Sills on first floor and upwards are in need of a good sill brush. I think Jeff's in the process of producing that - ask him nicely or check out his latest posts.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Clear Vision

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 09:49:11 pm »
I dunno,
 I expect they will come cleaner with periodic cleans. It depends what the customer wants, expects and what  you think is right. You are using facelift can you angle the brush down for the cxap on the sills, next time before you do the glass. Mind you if you have detailed them with a cloth you wont need to do that next time.
Dont get to paranoid over the results or they will have you jumping thro hoops. Its a balance.

Thanks jeff,

Do you have a sill brush?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 10:17:43 pm »
Only the diy one in the pic, if you dont want to copy it I will knock you one up.

Clear Vision

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 10:22:37 pm »
Can you show me a pic of it jeff?

I have just bought a addapter for my facelift pole to take the vikan fitting.

Could you make the brush to fit that?

How much?

Please email me details.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 10:30:07 pm »
Send me a Vikan fitting-havent seen one for 3 years.
What brush do you like cleaning with ?
£19

Clear Vision

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 09:51:59 am »
Vikan rectangle brush.

I will try and send you a vikan fitting but I would need you to send it back asap as it will be the only one I have ;)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 12:56:58 pm »
Yes OK, instantly. 
The other way would be to take the fitting into Tesco and see if it fits the Melody brush head- or comes near it. Or Asda for the Bentley, or Co op for the Addis.