This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Old_Master

UK Road Tax - Urgent - Must Sign Petition by February
« on: January 20, 2007, 01:35:25 am »
UK Road Tax - Urgent - Must Sign Petition by February
>20th[Scanned]
>
>
>
>Please pass this on to any road users - it's disgraceful.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Sign and pass it on. it only takes a minute.
>
>
>
>The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you
having to
>
>
>
>purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to
use
>it.
>
>The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the
BBC,
>
>the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a
delivery
>
>
>
>driver.
>
>A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86
in
>
>one month.
>
>On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody
will
>
>know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have
been
>
>
>
>going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can
expect
>a
>
>NIP with your monthly bill.
>
>If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of
the car
>
>
>
>driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website
>
>
>
>http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Please pass this on to anyone who owns a car/motorcycle. It affects
them.

Glyn

jeff1

Re: UK Road Tax - Urgent - Must Sign Petition by February
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 06:52:19 am »
Don't want that tax,  ::)I put my name down.

aztec

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 06:58:04 am »
i think this is disgusting and we should all sign

russ_clark

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 09:17:25 am »
I am 100% against it- petition signed
I cannot believe that the government can even think about bringing this is-
 it has got to be blatant contravention of human rights -
and I hate politics!!
Russ

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 11:13:45 am »
In reality i dont think the minimum will be £28 a month, the government just cant push up car tax from less than £200 a year to £336 overnight and make you buy a box at the same time, Its more likely to be phased in.

The government will not know where you have been ,only where the cars been.

The none working mum paid the most because she was using her car at one of the busiest times (school time) and going to a congested zone (outside school) twice a day clogging up ther roads,
since she was not working she probably had plenty of time to walk to school,or if she lived too far away she could have parked half a mile away and walked the rest of the way.

I am totally against needless car journeys, the only time i use my vehicles is for work and one weekly trip to the supermarket, the rest of the time i walk. Most of my neighbours and friends use there cars for trips to a shop less than 300yds a way which is disgracefull really.

Even our friends  drive to my house from less than 200 yards away, and if we are going to the pub with them they think we are mad walking the 1/3 of a mile or less and they insist on getting a cab.

Maybe with these measures our roads will be less congested and much safer for our children when they are playing out etc.  not to mention the air that we breathe will be that much fresher.

If people think they were going to be charged everytime they made that small journey , dont you think they will think twice before using there car to fetch the morning paper etc.

Dave

s.hughes

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 11:40:33 am »
You have a point Dave but this system will kill us w/c

Steve

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 11:51:02 am »
How much

A lot of it is scaremainering, people just dont like change.

Dave

Pat Purcell

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 01:51:07 pm »
Dave , if the reason for this was to stop folks using their car so much then why not a petrol tax
I agreee with your premise that people use their cars to much for short journeys,here in the US i have seen people drive to the end of their driveways to get their mail on a cold day but the fact that someone will know where your car has been and will know how fast you were going just sounds way too much like big brother to me
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 02:06:37 pm »
Pat

we already have fuel tax, I guess that will remain as well

Chris

Pat Purcell

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 02:14:08 pm »
We used to have a minister for finance in Ireland called Richie Ryan and it was said that he considered it a good night in bed if he woke up in the morning after dreaming up a new tax
This sounds a bit like "lets find a way to get more revenue and use the enviornment to convince people its a good idea
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

lee_dewing

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 02:27:30 pm »
well done for bringing this link up glyn
read about this a while back, absolute disgrace instead of punishing us all with higher taxes why not make buses free(or is it all now privately owned?)
 I would use public transport more if it wasn't expensive and sub standard (obvoisly not for work ;D.
Your forced to use your car/van.
we are one of the dearest countries in the world for petrol and diesel.
How much more can the government screw out of the average joe or joanne!
Does anyone know of a site where you can vote to get rid of this government?
lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Old_Master

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 02:57:36 pm »
We are living in the most spied on Country in the World and the same time we are TOLD we are living in a free country.
All the cameras that watch us appear to be there as an aid to make us pay yet more tax (fines).
 If the cameras were used to prevent real crimes like muggings then that would be fantastic but the truth is they are there to catch us breaking some new made up motoring laws.
When we really need the cameras to spot terrorists or back up Police actions we are told the camera was out of action, but the ones that spot when we have driven in a bus lane or crossed into a conjestion zone always work!

jeff1

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 03:01:11 pm »
I totally agree with you Dave, there are far to many lazy sods out there, I see a woman load her son into her Discovery every morning and drive 400 yards down the road to his school and the same in the afternoon.
Now if there was a way to stop this sort of abuse then I would be all for it, but to punish us all for the few is totally wrong in my view.
I personally use my own car as little as possible, the most use it gets is for work, my daughter lives a mile from me, and if I visit her I walk there and back.

I feel this is just another car tax, to raise  revenue for the goverments own failures on public Transport, Public transport is a joke, unreliable, expensive, and if you use a train your lucky to get a seat.
Its not more Tax we need its a goverment who can get it right.

Old_Master

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 09:29:19 am »
185 views of this message so far!
Does everybody else think this new tax should be applied?

Ladders

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 04:41:24 pm »
It seem,s to me it dosent matter what joe public think, they only use this when it suits there agenda.

This government has it,s own agenda and will railroad it through no matter what.  >:(

So i dont think it will make any difference if i sign or not.  :(

Jeff.
For every problem there is a solution

rosskesava

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 07:38:04 pm »
It's obvious that the government intends us to use public transport but without any loss in revenue to the treasury. Bit by bit, we're being forced to use virtually the most expensive transport system in the world.

I drive twice a month the London's East End. It costs me £15 in petrol and takes 80 minutes.

If I go by train, it costs £38 and takes 180 minutes or like before Christmas when there was a points failure, nearly 6 hours.

If I started my journey during the rush hour, it would cost a staggering £63.

If the government was to reduced fares then the Public Service Subsidy to the train companies would have to dramatically increase and the treasury would foot the bill.

By introducing another road tax, income from motorists will stay roughly the same as more of the public will be forced to use public transport in which case the PSS will go down.

It's a win/win situation for the government just like to soon to happen tax on carbon emissions.

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 07:52:21 pm »
the mileage charge will be alot lower if you are driving an lpg or an environmently friendly car,

and whats up with being watched, unless you got something to hide..................