This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*** ANOTHER JOB ***
« on: January 19, 2007, 02:27:28 pm »
Here is another job that i do

Re: *** ANOTHER JOB ***
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 02:28:24 pm »

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 02:28:59 pm »
And also this across the road

rhys11

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 02:34:56 pm »
nice jobs there easyclean

tell me how do you clean the windows with the balcony railings???
rhys

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 02:54:16 pm »
From inside i go on a saturday..if you take something like this on make sure you state that these type of windows can only be done from the inside. Some would probably try with a ladder but its not worth the risk and my risk assesment says they have to be done from the inside

simon knight

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 03:42:42 pm »

Easy-peasy...how long does that take you?....1/2 hour?....I jest ;D

I got a job with a railed balcony except not quite so high. 1st time I went there the customer expected me to bung me ladders against them and then clamber over. I gently explained reality to her!

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 06:38:44 pm »
2 1/2  hours

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 06:53:27 pm »
From inside i go on a saturday..if you take something like this on make sure you state that these type of windows can only be done from the inside. Some would probably try with a ladder but its not worth the risk and my risk assesment says they have to be done from the inside

It is possible to do some balcony windows from the ground with WFP.  I do it on the occasional job where I need to but it's a bit fiddly, a bit awkward, and can't be done on all balcony windows - the ones where the glass is set back a very long way from the balcont railings can be extra tricky..
What I do is to use Omnipole's power pole which can have extra gadgets attached more easily.  Firstly, I undo the brush head.  I then connect a short piece of metal tube (sold by Omnipole) which has an approximately 60 degree bend in it.  To this, I then connect the longer 60 degree bend (you have to pull the pole hose through as you go as it can get caught up).  Then I reconnect the brush head - but in the "upside down" position.  The twist clamps must be done up tightly to stop any spinning and you must use a power pole that is a bit longer than you would normally use at that height to allow for the "u-bend" that the 2 x 60 degree bends end up making and the two - three foot drop from where the final bend is.  Obviously the higher you go the harder it gets but I have managed this two floors above ground before now when the balcony width wasn't very deep.  It can tug on the lower back a bit and is not for the faint of heart but it does work on a lot of balcony windows.
If you really didn't want to rely on people being in, it may be worth considering.  I can't recall exactly what they cost but the bendy pieces of pole were about £70 or £80 each I think (sorry if that price bit just broke any rules).  I'm sure Omnipoole would put you straight on it if it's of interest.  Of course they will only fit onto existing power poles.