This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Re: Stage by Stage Van Setup
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2007, 04:04:44 pm »
Bazz, what fitting is that on your tank outlet (the one with the red valve) I need one for my tank.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2007, 07:01:32 pm »
Davew... I got it from Wicks in the plumbing section i think its a gas fitting but you need to get a reducer for the tank outlet.

It took 5 hours to fill the 650L tank by the way.

Bazz...

Davew

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2007, 07:31:37 pm »
Five hour fill time seems good to me, about half the time of my static system - just remember to turn it off before bedtime. I'll pop into wicks tomorrow.

Cheers

Davew

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2007, 07:22:28 pm »
Baz, how's the van doing - all finished? earning you a fortune? can you get your poles inside or will you have to go through the bulkhead?

Bazzy1999

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2007, 07:52:18 pm »
Davew... The van is 95% finished and ive only been doing my house and freinds houses just to get the hang of it.
As for the poles that is a problem it looks like ive got to cut a hole in the metal bulkhead, i didnt want to but ive got no choice.
Still trying to find someone around here to make me a metal bracket to go the other way across the tank but im having no joy all they keep saying is its a small job and we are to busy.
Once thats sorted out and the van graphics are on then its all done.  ;D

Bazz...

craig1

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2007, 09:23:51 pm »
 its not hard to fabricate your own with some basic diy knowledge hacksaw drill and vice to get a good straight bend im sure you have or have a friend with the required kit and knowledge if you wernt too far away id make one for you mate infact if your stuck contact me with measurements bends etc and hole size ill do the honours for ya
labor omnia vincet

Bazzy1999

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2007, 09:31:13 pm »
Hi Craig... thanks for the offer and i do know how to make one coz i was in the trade for 16 years but trying to get the metal to do it is a joke around here, it just seems like they cant be bothered with the general public.

Again thanks for the offer i might take you up on it if i get no luck here.

Bazz...

craig1

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2007, 10:38:07 am »
   i know it might seem a bit obvious but what about the scrap yard theres bound to be something to fit your needs bazz what guage lenghth you after i run some dhl franchises so if i could get you a bit it would be free next day service to you theres loads of engineering firms round here i deliver to most of them and clean some so do let me know if your stuck rsgards craig
labor omnia vincet

Bazzy1999

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2007, 07:58:49 pm »

Sorry for the delay in updates but here they are:

Ive changed it from the van to a static setup........

Bazzy1999

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2007, 07:59:49 pm »
more..

Bazzy1999

« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2007, 08:00:31 pm »
last one

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2007, 08:16:47 pm »
someones been on the vino ;D

vv.good m8 looks v smart

Chris

steve k

« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2007, 08:19:56 pm »
i have a wine glass set up permanently by my ro as the test vessel! ;D
that set up is fantastic mate...the dogs ;)

Bazzy1999

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2007, 08:20:35 pm »
Thanks Chris... Its been hard work setting it up but i think im there now.. ;D

Bazz...

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2007, 08:21:19 pm »
how well does the shut off tap work on the end of the clear hose from the static does the sub pump shut off when you shut the valve
I have to gauge mine when its gonna be full an dash back to turn it off at the wall

Ps do you drink it to test then? ;D ;D

Chris

Bazzy1999

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2007, 08:28:28 pm »
Im not sure if the pump stops when i close the valve i just switch it off at the plug when the tank is full but i will try next time im filling up..
Theres a tds meter next to the glass which i use both for testing the water... thats what i tell the wife anyway  ;D

Bazz..

steve k

« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2007, 08:59:23 pm »
no...your welcome ;D

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2007, 09:02:38 pm »
no...your welcome ;D

??? ???

No to the pump switching off ?

:-\ :-\

Chris

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2007, 10:24:46 pm »
what is the rejection rate of that 4040 ro?
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

steve k

« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2007, 06:53:23 am »
I take it that is a DI vessel on top of the tank?
Is that wheelie bin in use at all?
To protect your RO membrane, get another DI vessel and fit it in the hose line before your 2 prefilters. Fill it with water softening resin.
Also get a clear plastic 10" salt vessel with hose in and hose out with basic hoselocks on. This is just bolted to the wall and is independant of the filter system.
After every tank fill, put regeneration salt in the plastic vessel, connect your hose pipe to the inlet side of this vessel and connect the outlet hose of the vessel to the inlet on your softerner vessel...from the outlet on your softerner vessel, connect a length of hose and run to drain.
Turn tap on and the salt is dissolved into the water stream and runs through your softerner vessel removing all the calcium and magnesium that the softerner takes out the water...when the salt vessel has clear water in it, turn off tap and disconnect hoses...reconnecting the hose line to the inlet of your now regenerated softerner vessel.
This ensures all calcium and magnesium are removed from the water before they get near your pre filters and more importantly, your RO membrane.