Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Hose connectors
« on: January 18, 2007, 03:54:41 pm »
Can anyone recommend good quick fit hose connections?
that can stay the distance?
The ones I have are relatively small and damage easily, and on a couple of occasions already, I have had to get the old diamond files out, because the male and female had fallen out with each other and refuse to make the connection.  ;D
when you think of it, these connectors have only been in use since the end of Christmas.

The thing is, is the male section is connected to the tap and when you disconnect it, you tend to drop it onto the floor, even with the tennis ball, this does not always protect it, I have the same connection on my backpack.

I was going to go to my local screwfix shop to buy air line quick fit connectors, that have more meat on them, does anyone else use them? or can anyone tell me the best ones to buy?

H h20

Re: Hose connectors
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 04:16:05 pm »
Jeff,i use these connectors,they are used for carpet cleaning machines and i fit a on/off tap and then i keep them off the floor with this loop clip,
Gaz

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 04:27:34 pm »
Cheers Gaz

The old karcher carpet cleaning machine that I Cannibalize has the airline fitting on it, this is what I was thinking of buying.

I do have the leather holder for the tap, but as yet have not used it, so I think its about time I got it out.

Clear Vision

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 04:48:02 pm »
jeff,

Why don't you use the schrarder fittings?

Ladders

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 04:55:29 pm »
Gaz

I love the loop clip idea, i use gardiners pro ends so they are not as big as yours, but what i have been doing is to bend the clear plastic pipe at the connection and put it in my pocket.

Your idea is much better cheers for that will be changing my method over now  ;)

Thanks Jeff.
For every problem there is a solution

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 05:02:29 pm »
jeff,

Do you have a link or a picture of these fittings Matt?

H h20

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 05:04:26 pm »
Gaz

I love the loop clip idea, i use gardiners pro ends so they are not as big as yours, but what i have been doing is to bend the clear plastic pipe at the connection and put it in my pocket.

Your idea is much better cheers for that will be changing my method over now  ;)

Thanks Jeff.

Jeff,the idea of the loop is so that you can fit any size through it and just secure it with the spring toggle,  ;D
Gaz

Clear Vision

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 05:06:35 pm »
jeff,

Do you have a link or a picture of these fittings Matt?

Wait a sec

I will go out to the van and take a pic ;)

Back in a sec

Clear Vision

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 05:10:42 pm »
Here it is  :D

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 05:15:57 pm »
Many thanks Matt

There very similar to the ones at screwfix and the ones I have on the carpet cleaner, the male one in your hand with the black hose is the one I keep damaging, the ones I have are very small with no meat on them, off to screwfix tomorrow now I have seen yours.

Many thanks for your help and thanks for the photo.

Clear Vision

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 05:18:52 pm »
See the one on the black hose! They cost about 80p each from cleantech!

The other one on the yellow hose costs about £6

Matthew

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 05:21:38 pm »
Matt the female one with the yellow hose, I can get for about £3 and thats the quick release ones.

Clear Vision

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 05:24:47 pm »
Matt the female one with the yellow hose, I can get for about £3 and thats the quick release ones.

:o :o :o :o :o

Iv'e been seen coming! £3!! :o

Where from? Is it the exact same size as mine?

Bob McKillop

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 05:28:04 pm »
Gaz,
Where did you get that tap for the end of the hose? Any website/link ?

jeff1

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 05:30:05 pm »
I get a 20% discount from screwfix,  ;D but if you give me half hour, I'll go and get my tool station catalouge from my daughters, I think there cheaper, They fit the airline hoses so I'm almost certain they will fit our hoses.

H h20

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 05:52:11 pm »
Gaz,
Where did you get that tap for the end of the hose? Any website/link ?

Bob,the taps are available with either both ends female thread or male thread and also one end male one end female,
the place i got them from does`nt have a website,but i have a couple of spare ones with female threads and fitted with hose tails,unless you want a particular one,
Gaz

Bob McKillop

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 06:03:09 pm »
Gaz, I am not too particular, and in no great hurry - But I am using plastic flow control valves at the minute and they don't last more than a couple of weeks, so just need a far stronger tap assembly. I can find all the connectors on the net, but not the actual tap bit !

H h20

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 06:06:26 pm »
Bob,if you want just the tap,you can have one of my spares,
Gaz

Bob McKillop

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 06:27:07 pm »
Thanks for offer Gaz, but think I have found the right thing now though - Just had to look a bit harder!

johnm

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 04:35:03 pm »
if youstill have spare tap i wouldnt mind buying it from you