This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pure-water

Re: Hose connectors
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2007, 04:54:59 pm »

Is this any good for any one?   £9.95

http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=299

Spruce

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2007, 05:27:14 pm »
See the one on the black hose! They cost about 80p each from cleantech!

The other one on the yellow hose costs about £6

Matthew
Hi Matt
I have had problems with the schrader female connector in your picture. All I have done is warmed up a piece of 1/2" garden hose and pushed this over the locking ring. Cut the hose off just past the end of the connector - like a f***skin (excuse the illustration) - and this acts as a protection to the end of the connector.  Just insert the male connector into the female connector through the end of the hose. I don't have a problem with the male coupling.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2007, 05:46:55 pm »
Spruce. I think I get what you are saying, but on mine i have to push a spingloaded over ring back to release the male,
doesn't your method interfere with this.

Spruce

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2007, 06:10:21 pm »
Spruce. I think I get what you are saying, but on mine i have to push a spingloaded over ring back to release the male,
doesn't your method interfere with this.

Hi Curious
No, not really - may have to manually push the coupling sleeve to ensure its locked when very cold - otherwise works ok. I have a tap to regulate to water flow. When moving the brush and hose to other area I disconnect the coupling as it reduces the amount of hose trangling that I always experience. I have found the locking mechanism on these coupling to be very senisitive. If I drop it to the floor it usually uncouples - but it did this before I fitted the hose protector 6 weeks ago.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)