This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G Griffin

pre-wfp cleans
« on: January 17, 2007, 07:55:59 pm »
Eventually, I intend to get a wfp. So ,recently I`ve started to do the frames as well, as I trad the windows. Giving the top part a good scrub. In the hope this will make the transition easier.
 I`ve also been using GG3 in a spray bottle to get rid of the residue on the windows left by years of using Fairy.
  This,as a result means I`m taking much longer than I used to.
   I don`t mind but am I wasting my time? Will it still take a few wfp cleans to get the results the pole is supposed to get.

Cheers,
                                    Gerry.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

TVCS

Re: pre-wfp cleans
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 08:05:47 pm »
The cleaner the tops of the  frames are to start with the better really, When I changed over from trad to wfp I told my customers about possible soap spots as the soap residue came away but I have not noticed any.  I'm not saying I am a super wfp er but I guess with  really good scrubbing and lots of rinsing it isn't a huge problem.  Saying that though I did use gg3 when I was trad.
Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

matt

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 08:16:53 pm »
why are you usning GG3 in a spray form and not just in your bucket INSTEAD of fairy ?? ?? ? thats the best plan of attack

thats all i did, just changed over from fairly to GG3 ( well GG4 in my case as im in a hard water area) for a few cleans and that was it, no comments on spots or anything ( i know they had a few, but nothing major )

G Griffin

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 08:57:37 pm »
Thanks Ant and Matt.

GG3 on its own in the bucket is just too much hard work for me  :P. It`s ok if  i`ve got the bucket with me all the time but that`s sometimes impractical. So I have a bucket of which solution I`m using at the time and spray bottle of GG3.
         I find my applicator dries too quickly with GG3, so I use something in the bucket for a few more suds and the Glass Gleam to do the cleaning.
  I`ve tried Lime Lite, which is to remove limescale and soap scum and it works really well when using a squeegee but not so well on leads. I think its to thick for scrim work.
   So I tend to stick with GG3 in a spray and sometimes GG3 and water in an old Fairy bottle to freshen my applicator when needed.
  I just wondered whether this would be enough to remove any residue left.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 09:02:27 pm »
Eventually, I intend to get a wfp. So ,recently I`ve started to do the frames as well, as I trad the windows. Giving the top part a good scrub. In the hope this will make the transition easier.
 I`ve also been using GG3 in a spray bottle to get rid of the residue on the windows left by years of using Fairy.
  This,as a result means I`m taking much longer than I used to.
   I don`t mind but am I wasting my time? Will it still take a few wfp cleans to get the results the pole is supposed to get.

Cheers,
                                    Gerry.

Gerry you are doing the right thing, with all the pre scrubbing, I did the same for a few months before my change over, I used a small brush to brush the dirt at the top of the frames before washing. at the same time, I talked to every customer about the new method, ie reasons why I'm changing, what was involved and all about the water used,
I am on my third week wfp and every customer I do along the way, gets an explanation letter, stating all the above and a little more, so far I have had no problems with the windows but most of all no problems with the customers, all is sweet I'm making money faster, even after the first week, I was making more money faster, its the best and safest move I ever made.
Clean now and be rewarded for it when you change to wfp.

Good luck with the change over.

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 09:18:15 pm »
Thanks Jeff. It`s encouraging to hear about a smooth and successful change over.
   Better than telling customers "don`t worry your windows will be ok in a few months."

Cheers,
                                       Gerry.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐