This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TDW

stepped on my supalite
« on: January 17, 2007, 04:47:59 pm »
Does anyone know if you can repair the supalite as I stepped on it today and broke section 7.

TDW

Jeff Brimble

Re: stepped on my supalite
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 05:22:26 pm »
Crushed, or clean break, top bottom or middle ?

TDW

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 05:28:20 pm »
crushed in the middle

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 06:11:23 pm »
Alex from gardiners may be able to help

I stepped on mine (the end bit!the 13.5 bit)  :'(
It was a new section for me.
Lesson learnt - you need to treat the pole with care.
It is a fantastic pole though and i would not be without it now.

Tris

H h20

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 06:15:04 pm »
Here you go,
after all they are just fishing poles,so best place to look is a fishing tackle shop,
https://www.total-fishing.com/TackleOffers.asp?Action=View&ID=D4DA97A5FAA9455EBD998C6C7F8B7971

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 06:32:47 pm »
Excellent link Gaz and a 3 day turn around, local suppliers charge about the same prices.

EasyClean

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 06:52:16 pm »
Does anyone know if you can repair the supalite as I stepped on it today and broke section 7.

TDW
Glue a strip of velcro down the broken supalite carbon pole with araldite to act as a spacer/snug tight fit and with a suitably sized length of an old Glass Fibre WF pole insert/cover the damaged supalite pole with the glass fibre sleeve acting as a bandage.  It mends the pole and allows you to continue using the supalite pole. I dropped a heavy weight on my No.6 section but repaired it using the method above and am still cleaning 50ft windows with it without any problems.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 07:13:10 pm »
Cannot remember who, but another supplier of supalite had good numbered pics of the supalite sections on his website, anyone remember who else sells them ?

sair

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 08:02:44 pm »
h itdw we sell super lite

repair as follows will be as strong as the oringinal

only works on tappered sections you need  only super glue.

try and get the break as even as possible where you have trod on it and then you drop the smaller tapperd section inside the wider section to look as it was prior to the break.

do this first to make sure it marries up.

then you super glue the outside smaller section and innerside of larger section drop inside each other and pull to line up .

caution bonds in seconds, be quick! wear gloves or as like my first attempt at repair yourll leave csi finger prints on your pole or need to go to A and E, looking silly with a 6foot section carbon fibre  , if any probs call me 07944 227635
Essentially Pure Ltd

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 08:08:22 pm »
Hi TDW,

The method descibed by sair will work in most situations. The link supllied by Gaz, for repairs is a more suitable method for long term repairs.

I have yet to step on my pole, one day I'm sure it will happen.

Alex

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 08:28:02 pm »
Thanks Sair, I was having difficulty visualising which section but thanks to your site its the no3 section (7) @ £65, for a mo I thought it was one of the parallel sections.
http://www.essentiallypure.co.uk/products/product_display.php?page=superlite_poles

TDW

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 09:40:53 pm »
It was getting dark and was rushing to finish as it was starting to rain. Also had the Mrs on the phone wanting to be picked up. Was finishing off the ground floor with the extender while the supalite was lying on the grass...

Sair

I think I see what you are saying but that means you would lose height on your pole. It would go from being a 35footer to a 30 footer. so i d have to buy anorther section anyway. Is that right?

Easyclean

I may try that aswell

Thanks all

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 09:55:39 pm »
As long as you have some of the original crushed structure intact then a repair by yourself is feasable. Think of splints.

gaza

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 11:17:25 pm »
Glad to see Im not the only one too stand on it, as Alex knows

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

TDW

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 06:52:35 pm »
Found somewhere who repairs fishing pole sections for £20. You have to drop it into Wessex angling in Poole and this guy picks it up on Fridays, repairs it and then drops it back in the following Friday. If anyone wants more details just let me know. The guy in shop reckons they come back as good as new.

TDW

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 08:41:47 pm »
Fishing is the one sport that uses most petrol (not a lot of people know that  :))
So there will be many repairers of poles around the country where pole fishing is in vogue(I do a bit)

Its no big deal to repair something broken , we all do it, because we are all master craftsmen professional window cleaners, who are problem solvers.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 09:54:10 pm »
TDW,

Scott at Esselle said that you had been in contact with him today.  If you do decide to use his services, you will get a very strong repair at a good price.

Unfortunately for you, the No.7 & 8 section are the most expensive to replace as they have the most carbon in them. The base sections have more resin.  A good repair is a viable option.

Alex

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 06:20:57 am »