This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

S_RICHARDSON

Window Cleaning Facts
« on: January 17, 2007, 03:55:45 pm »
Hi guy's please could I have a selection of intersting facts to do with window cleaning for one of my projects! your help is much appreciated!

Thanks
Shaun R. :D

[GQC] Tim

Re: Window Cleaning Facts
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 04:42:19 pm »
History of the squeegee? Apart from that there aren't really any interesting facts are there?  ???

http://www.ettore.com/pro/about_history.html

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 05:30:43 pm »
History of the squeegee? Apart from that there aren't really any interesting facts are there?  ???

http://www.ettore.com/pro/about_history.html
Cheers mate I know that there isn't muc interesting facts on W/C a bit of a long shot really!

Shaun R. :)

niceandclean

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 05:39:22 pm »
Projects? Have you gone back to school??  ;D

supernova77

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 05:43:16 pm »
Here is one interesting fact:

**WFP is better than Trad**

Wait for it................................... I can hear squeaky coming.................

LOL

Andy

Templar

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 07:31:35 pm »
I don't know if it's a fact Shaun, but you might be able to pass it off as a statistic. Anyone who feels my maths, numbers, or logic is flawed please come in.

1st From canvassing I would say that 95% of people have or want a window cleaner. 5% do their own. I have never met anybody who admitts to not cleaning them.

2nd If we define a Round as the number that can be comfortably done by one man in one month and agree that this number is 400 customers.

3rd Therefore a window cleaner should live in 1/400 of the available Uk housing to meet this demand. This is a very large number, something like 250,000.

4th what was the question again Shaun?

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 07:36:08 pm »
Cheers Templar! ;D

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 07:38:16 pm »

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 07:49:59 pm »
Cheers Tosh!

I read the story of the hero and i think i'll bare that in mind the next time i'm stuck in a lift with my work belt on!  :D

Shaun R.

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 07:55:19 pm »
Hi guy's please could I have a selection of intersting facts to do with window cleaning for one of my projects!

Shaun,

What project are you doing?

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 09:01:04 pm »
Hi guy's please could I have a selection of intersting facts to do with window cleaning for one of my projects!

Shaun,

What project are you doing?
Hi tosh,
I have to pick a hobbie as a subject for an oral exam i'm taking and have to talk non stop for 5 minutes on this subject so I chose w/c! :)

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 09:11:08 pm »
Hi tosh,
I have to pick a hobbie as a subject for an oral exam i'm taking and have to talk non stop for 5 minutes on this subject so I chose w/c! :)

I've had to do similar on a 'methods of instruction' course I've done while in the army.

I chose preganancy! 

It's a lot more interesting than window cleaning and you can use powerpoint to show rude pictures and stuff.

I'd suggest you change your subject to a more interesting one that you're confident with.

It's important that you're confident in your subject; especially if there's a question and answer session at the end.

Pregnancy gets my vote.

Templar

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 09:40:33 pm »
Well, if we're being interesting, what about the phenenomen of internet forums on window cleaning?
Of all the things that grown men could find to talk about why window cleaning?
It must be more compelling than gambling or sex. Think about it Shaun if we could put this in a bottle and sell it we'd be rich!

I'm sure you're one of lifes natural leaders. Five mins will be no problem.

pete albion

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 10:09:50 pm »
heard on the radio a couple of years ago that window cleaning was the second least stressful job, which is a nice fact to know, can't remember what the least stressful job is though.

Pat Purcell

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 10:25:10 pm »
the team that won the Eco-Challenge for the first few years was made up of window cleaners from Oz
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland