This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Before or after?
« on: January 12, 2007, 12:20:35 pm »
Probably a daft Question, but I'm going to produce water static then transfer to my van tank. It seems that most people polish there water off in the van, but do you polish before the tank or after the tank in the van?

macmac

Re: Before or after?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 12:31:41 pm »
i am DI only & mine is after the tank. ;)

Roy Harding

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 12:35:14 pm »
It depends on what R/o system you have a small one has the fillters and resin all in the one unit, and will make pure water in to the holding tank.

Where a larger R/o 40x40 takes the water down to about 98% pure water and the final polish after the pump and just before it comes out the brush.

Roy

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 03:54:25 pm »
Im polish mine of at home and pump 000 tds water to the tank in my van.
No need to polish it off in the van then.

Paul

H h20

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 04:00:28 pm »
I`ve always produced my water before it goes in the van tank,i use a merlin and then a 29L resin vessel,then fill van tank and also keep about twenty 25L containers ready filled with 00 pure water for topping up in the week,been doing this for nearly 2 years now never had any problems,
Gaz

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 04:15:36 pm »
Before - in at 000tds
It's a game of three halves!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 06:32:12 pm »
Probably a daft Question, but I'm going to produce water static then transfer to my van tank. It seems that most people polish there water off in the van, but do you polish before the tank or after the tank in the van?

Oddly enough, I do a bit of both but it's only because I added to my setup in bits and pieces.  I have a 20" DI on the back end of the RO so the water goes into the static tank in a fairly pure state.  I also have a DI vessel in the van that polishes the water as I use it.  The reason for this is that I started out with a van mounted RO and didn't get the static tank with RO till later.

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 06:46:47 pm »
i am the same as shiner . i do the same one at each end

macc

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 07:11:45 pm »
I'm di only so mine is after.

Macc

spotless2000

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 07:33:02 pm »
I do it all before going into the holding tank. 

Less equipment on the van means less equipment to replace if van is stolen.  Also Di vessel is less likely to get damaged if kept near the storage tank.  There is more chance of it getting damaged in the van.

Steve

drew86

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 07:52:24 pm »
I do mine after ro, as an earlier poster said with a small unit (mine being a 300gpd) it is all part of the same system.
Drew.
It was this big.

*foxman

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 08:46:32 pm »
It's always a good idea to have a DI polisher in your van on the way out of the tank. That way you can be confident that your water is being filtered right up to the last moment ready for cleaning.

If you carry pure water without a filter then there is a small chance the water could get contaminated in the van and you wouldn't have any way of correcting it. It can also act as a back up should you ever run out of water on a job. In an emergancy you could use tap water and run it through the DI for purifing if you ever ran out.

Davew

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 10:09:43 pm »
Mmm perhaps not such a daft question then, still undecided for the moment.

paul mather

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 10:33:31 pm »
It's always a good idea to have a DI polisher in your van on the way out of the tank. That way you can be confident that your water is being filtered right up to the last moment ready for cleaning.

If you carry pure water without a filter then there is a small chance the water could get contaminated in the van and you wouldn't have any way of correcting it. It can also act as a back up should you ever run out of water on a job. In an emergancy you could use tap water and run it through the DI for purifing if you ever ran out.

Could you tell me how the water can possibly get contaminated when it is inside a reinforced plastic container & only ever sees the light of day when it flows out the end of the pole?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Count Phil

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 10:00:54 am »
? Huh? whats that about?

Lee.

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 10:09:30 am »
I used to do mine before the van tank but found that when the r.o. starts up its tds is high for a while. I found this depleted the DI far quicker than using the di after the van tank.
However I am thinking of adding a trolley system to my collection so I will have to store the water at 000ppm. which means I will have to go back to my old way of doing it. I will make sure that the first few minuites of ro activity will be wasted so that my DI is not depleted so quickly.

I suppose it depends on what you find personally best.

Lee

clean supreme

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 10:11:44 am »
sorry about that a friend logged on, on my computer and did it "for a laugh"
Anyway back to the post: water can easily get contaminated in the tank if something falls in the  when you open the lid.  Which has happened to us before. Better to be safe anyway. That is why we got into wfp anyway isnt it :)

gaza

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 10:40:29 am »
contaminated water how? you havent seen the back of my van ;D
use a di vessel to polish afer the tank never fails to produce 000 tds water.
Plan on getting an engineer down to get my elga system up and running ,6000 litres of water direct from the tap then recharge the resin, my lads snapped two plastic pipes off  it when moving it to the shed and theres it s remained.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

john tomkins

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 11:16:17 am »
I used to do mine before the van tank but found that when the r.o. starts up its tds is high for a while. I found this depleted the DI far quicker than using the di after the van tank.
However I am thinking of adding a trolley system to my collection so I will have to store the water at 000ppm. which means I will have to go back to my old way of doing it. I will make sure that the first few minuites of ro activity will be wasted so that my DI is not depleted so quickly.

I suppose it depends on what you find personally best.

Lee

I always disconnect the pipe to the DI for a couple of mins when first turning on the RO coz the reading into DI initially is the same as my tap water (220ppm) which of course eats up the resin.

rugby

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 11:30:04 am »
ro in the garage, 25ltr di tank in the van,just the way i set it up when i started.not sure if it realy matters which way you do it,as long as your getting 000tds.my van fairly big,movano mwb,so di tank is no problem being in the van