This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Used my microbore for the first time today!
« on: January 04, 2007, 07:44:50 pm »
up until today I have just been filling the backpack and off I go, but today for the first time I decided to pull the hose out, and wow what a difference it makes, no worries about checking the level of the backpack.

The 100mtr hose was easy to pull out, and so easy to wind in, Job done even quicker than normal. No tangles no jamming on the corners because I fitted a tennis ball were my tap is, just bounces of the corners and protects the switch.

Bazzy1999

Re: Used my microbore for the first time today!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 07:47:19 pm »
I see its still going well for you Jeff...
Good on ya

Bazz...

H h20

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 07:47:30 pm »
Jeff,don`t they look nice, clean and shiney but give it a week or so and  :(,dull ,scratched and dirty,but fantastic stuff,Gaz  ;D

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 07:51:48 pm »
Thanks Guy's I was going to use it the other day, but we all know what I would have draged it through on the farms  ;D

macc

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 07:54:04 pm »
Hi Jeff.

Glad its going well, i know what you mean, microbore is the bizz.

Macc

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 07:55:59 pm »
Thanks Macc
Does anyone else use the ball by there tap??

H h20

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 07:58:15 pm »
Thanks Macc

Jeff,i am going to take that ball off my car aerial i told you about,they are the same thing as Alex sells but much cheaper  ;D,Gaz

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 08:04:58 pm »
Thanks Macc

Jeff,i am going to take that ball off my car aerial i told you about,they are the same thing as Alex sells but much cheaper  ;D,Gaz
I remember Gaz, I nicked my grandsons Tennis Ball  ;D  (well gave him 50p) so much cheaper and you can pick them up anywhere ;D

H h20

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 08:08:32 pm »
Jeff,my dog has claimed all our tennis balls,  ;D,Gaz

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 08:12:08 pm »
That's no good then Gaz, if he see's one on the end of your hose  ;D he'll bite that as well :o :o

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 08:30:07 pm »
 Hi all

Can anyone tell me about the tennis ball and how they work ?

Also has anyone go the link to the guy alex that sells them
thanks

Andy ;)

billygoat

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 08:54:43 pm »
Hi jeff,

Glad it's going so well.I started wfp 3 mths ago and to be honest I struggle at times.

I use a backpack and to start with I'm just doing tops and all georgian windows(I found it's excellent for this type of window)

I thnk my main problem is I've never cleaned frames,(I believe from reading on here you did) so i've got 26 yrs of dirt and not to mention soap in the seals which means first cleans can take twice as long, meaning my earnings take such a dip that I give up and get on with it trad.I think changing over is going to take a fairly long time.

Allthough I've had a few problems with wfp I wouldn't want to go back to trad full time, and I find I want to use it more so maybe a van mount might be added eventually.

Any way hope your success continues and I'll be reading your posts with much interest

Tim

H h20

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 09:15:10 pm »
Hi all

thanks

Andy ;)

They are fitted on your hose by your connector to protect it  when dropped and dragged,
The balls Alex sells are just car aireal novelty things,i have got one on my car they cost about 50p,Gaz

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 09:29:09 pm »
Cheers Gaz

Just did't know what they were  :D

jeff1

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 10:04:56 pm »
Hi all

thanks

Andy ;)
Hi Andy Just took this for you  Alex Gardiner sells the protecta ball on his website. http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 10:13:09 pm »
 thanks Jeff
 always the simple ideas that work
thats going to save my couplings from now on

cheers ;)

Alex Gardiner

Re: Used my microbore for the first time today! New
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 10:18:14 pm »
Hi Andy@w.c.s,

check-out the original 'Protecta-Ball'© at www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk look under hose fittings.

Gaz - They are not and never have been "car ariel novelty things"!! how rude!

Alex

jeff1

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 10:20:28 pm »
Hi jeff,

Glad it's going so well.I started wfp 3 mths ago and to be honest I struggle at times.

I use a backpack and to start with I'm just doing tops and all georgian windows(I found it's excellent for this type of window)

I thnk my main problem is I've never cleaned frames,(I believe from reading on here you did) so i've got 26 yrs of dirt and not to mention soap in the seals which means first cleans can take twice as long, meaning my earnings take such a dip that I give up and get on with it trad.I think changing over is going to take a fairly long time.

Allthough I've had a few problems with wfp I wouldn't want to go back to trad full time, and I find I want to use it more so maybe a van mount might be added eventually.

Any way hope your success continues and I'll be reading your posts with much interest

Tim

Thanks Tim
The thing I did was to ask loads of questions and read loads of posts, and the info I gained, really has made my change over that much easier I think, Had another good day today, but I did find when I picked up a new one, this did take longer because of all the dirt, but I know next time I do it, it will be a lot quiker than today.

From my first wfp clean, I started tops and bottoms, this makes the whole job faster, i don't have far to travel so if I do run out of water, its not far to run home and top up, not had this problem yet, but I'm sure I will.
My arms still ache, but like any new Job this will pass (I hope  ;D)
Stick with it though tim, as the loads of guy's on here have already said the have taken a dip in there earnings for the first few clean, but then it picked up, there Jobs got easier and quicker, so the takings or free time went up.

I am so glad I took to heart what I read on forums, it has paid dividends so far, I don't even take my ladders with me now, Just so I'm not tempted to use them, Could have done with them today, a customer who has never had a bolt on her back gate has suddenly grown one ::), had to climb over the wall, so from now on I'll chuck my 6' A frame in the car.

I wish you the very best of luck for the future, and keep up the wfp don't go back to Trad.

jeff1

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2007, 10:25:02 pm »
Hi Andy@w.c.s,

check-out the original 'Protecta-Ball'© at www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk look under hose fittings.

Alex
Alex
I put your link in my post below.

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2007, 10:47:11 pm »
Thanks
Alex
can i phone you somtime for a chat?