Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

arwyn evans

1st clean
« on: January 04, 2007, 06:55:26 pm »
hi everyone
did my 1st clean today,terraced house, had not been cleaned in 3 years, cleaned the frames as well, with a damp cloth , followed by a dry cloth, they were mega dirty,they took me 40 minutes
does that sound about right for 7 windows and door
charged £15 ,
how would everyone else clean them, and is £15 , about right

gaza

Re: 1st clean
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 08:53:01 pm »
WERE ELSE CAN YOU EARN THAT FOR 40 MINS WORK ? Except if your a plumber

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

brett walker

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 10:13:41 pm »
good price was that wfp or trad

brett

arwyn evans

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 10:24:17 pm »
HI BRETT ,IT WAS TRAD,WINDOWS DIDNT TAKE 2 MUCH TIME , BUT FRAMES WERE SOMETHING ELSE :-[

KarlJones

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 11:05:55 pm »
I would have probably used a dustpan brush on them first just to get surface dirt off.

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

arwyn evans

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 11:10:27 pm »
hi karl ,
good point, but did i use the correct method to clean and wipe them down , what would you have done, cheers

brett walker

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 11:25:30 pm »
hi karl ,
good point, but did i use the correct method to clean and wipe them down , what would you have done, cheers

Hi arwyn

thats the way i would have done it plenty of soapy water on your first cloth though then dry off with dry one if doing it trad

It would have been much easier wfp and would have done it in less time with a good rinsing sounds like you did an excellent job thats the main thing

regards

Brett

arwyn evans

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 11:35:30 pm »
cheers brett,
thanks for the support ,much appreciated,
ps got another job 2day whilst up the ladder, i know its only one ,but its a start ,
havent even been out with leaflets yet  ;D

KarlJones

Re: 1st clean New
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 11:40:33 pm »
hi karl ,

Well, your actually more experienced than me as I am still training myself up, but friends and familly have been really helpfull in supplying dirty windows and frames for me to practise on (hehehe!).  One was a right state,  think green moss, 5 yrs worth, the glass had been cleaned by leaning over from openings by her but the frames were a right state.

What I learned, clean the upstairs first, sounds obvious but guess what I did. I brushed first. Soap n water came from my applicator, got in a right state so another thing I learned was leave the dirty (probably new) customers till last and used a scrim to dry it off.

I will just try cloths next time I think.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.