This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jago

Comercial Work
« on: January 03, 2007, 02:11:41 pm »
OK Happy New Year to You All

This should set the cat amoungst the pigeons.

How do you get Comercial Work without stepping on the toes of other Window Cleaners.
I have not got a problem with Big corperates jobs as I feel this is fair game but Shops Whats the score these days?

When I got houses I knocked on the door and if they said they had one then so be it but If they wanted me down the line as there cleaner had gone awall then I would take on the work.

But Shops Every shop has a cleaner but what do you do??????? How did you guys get them?

Regards Jago
To Do Is To Dare

supernova77

Re: Comercial Work
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 02:29:35 pm »
Jago,

I don't think there is much money in "shops" anymore as there is too much competition.

The best type of commercial work to go for now is Hotels, Nursing Homes etc...

Andy

LSB

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 02:34:15 pm »
i have been asked by some shops over the years to clean them , but unless you do them all in a parade or at least enough of them i dont think its worth it ! so i dont do them ! they are normally cheap , nowhere to park , weekly etc ! plus i know a couple of companies that do most shops in my area between them which would mean i would never get enough to make it worth it , probably only ending up with someone else's old problem customers .

Jago

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 05:19:07 pm »
But is it ethical to go and ask.
To Do Is To Dare

poleman

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 06:49:03 pm »
NO.

Andy

tatman

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 06:53:27 pm »
i picked up two hair dressers shops by asking. They werent being cleaned. If you dont ask yoy dont get!! ;D But youre right aint alot of money in them. Pubs aint bad if you get them.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 06:54:58 pm »
If you don't ask you don't get.  But ask the whole rank, not just one.

Buy a knuckleduster for insurance.

simbo

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 07:01:30 pm »
one thing i wondered is blocks of flats! they pay a service charge for what i would imagine includes windows yet you see lots of filthy ones. It would not make sense to me to canvass each flat but is it poss to find out who property manages and contact them direct and is this as simple as just asking an occupant for details
just wondering
simbo

poleman

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 07:04:54 pm »
NO.

Yell.com is the best place.

Andy

Majestic

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 07:11:45 pm »
I do a few blocks of flats and each block  has a person who sorts out the finance for window cleaning , painting, gardening . They all pay X amount each week to cover these services. If you could find out who it is you could try him.

simbo

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 07:13:54 pm »
NO.

Andy
the best place for what? advertising or researching prop management?
simbo

Jago

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 07:24:08 pm »
Poleman best place for what?

If you Have Shops how did you get them If anyone has shops how did you all get them.

Just want to know have you got binding contracts?

If a shop pays a say £3 a day in London what is to stop someone from saying I will do it for £2.50 a day and so on. Surely it is down to the Shop Owner\Manager?
To Do Is To Dare

simbo

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 07:28:17 pm »
shops why bother, you are tied to get it done pay crap , would rather do mostly domestic with some comercial thrown in and more time off
simbo
larger comercial yes, shops they can keep

Majestic

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 07:28:27 pm »
I do a few shops, I got my first one because I went in for a  can of pop and they needed a window cleaner, then it has just gone on from there . Someone sees you cleaning a shop window and they also need one so they ask you .
I would look for shops with dirty windows then call in and ask if they want a window cleaner or put a flyer through the door .

Jago

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 07:41:48 pm »
I think that is the best one just look to see if windows are dirty and then go from there
To Do Is To Dare

poleman

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 09:49:51 pm »
NO.

Andy
the best place for what? advertising or researching prop management?
simbo

prop management?

Trademark WC

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 03:59:09 pm »
I clean a lot of flats and to be honest they can be a lot of hassle and they are notoriusly underpriced as the budget gets split down and guess who gets the last cut !!

Rob

RAHomeServices

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 10:24:01 pm »
Put tender in, draw up a contract say for 12 months, then get work signed off, then invoice them.
We have many contracts both residential and commercial and put in new tenders all the time.
Just approach owners and take it from there