This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bazzy1999

Tank
« on: December 31, 2006, 09:20:08 pm »

It maybe a silly question but for the guys who have a tank in there vans, when you are WFP do you take your lid off your tank.
Im only asking coz when i used to do caravan cleaning i had to take the lid off coz the pump was sucking the sides off the tank in a little and had a hissing noise comming from the lid coz of the suction and it made the pump struggle and when i took the lid off there was a big suction noise and the pump ran fine then.
Only asking this just incase its the same with WFP..

Cheers

Bazz...

Chris Cottrell

Re: Tank
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 10:50:50 pm »
it has happened to me on occasion but i learned not to do the lid up so tight

Chris

john tomkins

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 10:52:20 pm »
built in vent is in my lid

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 12:29:52 am »
hpnb

pjulk

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 12:33:26 am »
My tank has a vent so don't get that problem

Paul

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 08:05:11 am »
drill a small hole in the filler lid to prevent this
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

neil100

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 08:55:28 am »
As water is taken from the tank to your pole by the pump, if you do not have anywhere that the air can escape in the resulting vacuum thats left in the tank it will suck the sides in of the tank. The faster the water is drained the larger the vacum the greater the suction effect.

If you allow the air to escape from the vacuum thats created then no damage to the tank will occur.

Many overcome the vacuum effect by drilling tiny holes in the tank lid, The only problem with this is if you are fully loaded with water and park on an incline as your first job of the day water will come up through the holes, so the tank lid is no longer 100% watertight.

You can overcome this by drilling a hole thats just big enough to put a small pipe insert through from the inside of the tank lid and attaching a piece of 6mm pipe to the insert and securing it with an O clamp. Then insert a T  splitter in the 6mm tubeing to stop any particles from falling into the water.

I will post a pic later today of how I did my sons vent.

Nel.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 12:18:28 pm »
Cheers Neil....Look forward to the pic to give me an idea..

Bazz...